Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser signs for Port Vale

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Surprised he hasn't been snapped up by another league one club to be honest. He'll be a good player in league 2.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Decent move for him. He, Robinson, and Sullivan have all done pretty well getting new clubs. I wonder if Adams might take Hinsh as well?

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Weird one that, dont really remember Adams favouring him or even playing him as a starter.

Good luck to the lad, great bloke and better than people gave himi credit for

Never understood the crap he got on here, he did the job the manager wanted him to do, definitely good luck to him.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
0,,10381~6070812,00.jpg

Micky Adams made his first signing as Port Vale boss this afternoon when he snapped up Tommy Fraser, a 21-year-old midfielder who was recently released by Micky's former club, Brighton & Hove Albion.

Fraser signed for the club early this afternoon and Adams said: "Tommy is somebody I know well from Brighton. He is a competitive, hard-working midfield player and he is just the type that we need.

"He is six foot and has the ability to pass the ball, he handles the ball well whenever the situation arises, and character-wise he is just what we are looking for."

"It is important that I sign players like Tommy, who I can trust. I was really surprised he was allowed to leave Brighton to be honest. That was one of the big shocks, but their loss is out gain.

"There will be much-needed competition for places in midfield. He has played a good number of games now for Brighton and he is still only 21 years old and I think he is a great signing - hopefully the first of many."

Fraser didn't know too much about the club, but was eager to join up with his old boss again and is looking forward to pulling on a Port Vale shirt.

He said: "I know the manager of course as I was down there at Brighton when he was in charge, and he got in touch with me right away when he was appointed as manager here.

"I have already played under him and I know he likes to play, and that suits me down to the ground and I can't wait to get the season started.

"I had a couple of other options, but because Mick was here, that made up my mind. The people around me have given me good advice and I think I have made the right decision - in fact I know I have made the right decision and I am looking forward to getting the season underway.

"If I am honest, I can't tell you much about the history of Port Vale - I know they have played at a higher level, but I don't know an awful amount about the club. I do know I have scored here, so hopefully that will be the first of many."

Micky already has one or two other players in his sights, but is due to go on holiday now and won't be at the club for the next two weeks. He is likely to be a busy man while he is away, however, and his mobile phone bill could be quite high.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Decent move for him. He, Robinson, and Sullivan have all done pretty well getting new clubs. I wonder if Adams might take Hinsh as well?

I was thinking the same thing.Adams brought Hinsh back into the team and kept faith with him right up to the time he was sacked,I think.

Jimmy Grimble

He should do well there.

Anyone who believed the Palace stuff is demented.

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Shame he's taken to wearing a dangley earring

0,,10381~6070812,00.jpg

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I wonder where Micky will play him, he pretty much refused to play him in centre midfield whilst they were both at Brighton, must have started him a lot under 10 times, mainly in the League Cup and JPT

He would literally play anyone in centre midfield that wasnt Tommy Fraser, and that list includes Adam Virgo, Adam El Abd and Matt Richards. Strange signing, especially with all the praise he heaps on him in that article.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Good luck to Tommy, i wasn't too pleased when we released him, but that is a good move to him, where i am guessing he will be playing regular football

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Never understood the crap he got on here, he did the job the manager wanted him to do, definitely good luck to him.

I don't like that argument. This isn't about Tommy Fraser, this is about that argument

I was not too long ago accused of wanting robots on the pitch because I thought professional footballers should have the drive and focus not to let fans booing or negative comments on here get to them.

But isn't this "he did what the manager told him to" about robotic footballers? The manager sets up tactics and asks the players to do it and they do it, regardless of how effective it is. Shouldn't a player take some responsibility? Shouldn't a player who is perhaps told to take it down the right wing and cross in from deep who tries it 10 times and take some responsiblity and perhaps try cutting inside into space and playing a short ball to the unmarked striker near the penalty box?

This argument gets put forward that "the players are only doing what the manager tells them", then teams fail and we get the argument the other way saying we can't just criticise the manager, he's not on the pitch, we have to blame the players too.

So we can't blame the manager because he's not on the pitch, but we can't blame the players because they're just doing what the manager told him.

No one gets the blame and the problem persists.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He should be thankful adams got the vale gig, or he'd be playing non league. Good luck to him - i expect him to fail though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here