Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser, Pearson and Cook told they can leave? Other transfer rumours

paul1960

Feb 26, 2007
Sussex
Not true re Cook as he is on a scholarship which the club are committed to re his education. If he left the club before the end of his scholarship we would not receive Football League funding as he would have failed to complete the course.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
"Brighton fans are pinning their hopes on Micky Adams abandoning his policy of signing players deemed to rubbish for Coventry reserves and finally wading into the transfer market. "

That comment did me me chuckle. Harsh but true

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Would we seriously sell Fraser to, in effect, our main relegation rivals right now?

Now that would be utterly bonkers.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Fraser is half of our midfield at the moment, if Micky has said he could leave he really has lost the plot and is the new CPFC manager in waiting.

Fraser is playing very well at the moment, committed and had a good game against Leeds, was a contender for MOM against Luton although I would have strugged to pick one, perhaps Elphick for taking one for the team :eek:
I must have missed that particular 'moment'!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Fraser is playing very well at the moment, committed and had a good game against Leeds, was a contender for MOM against Luton although I would have strugged to pick one, perhaps Elphick for taking one for the team :eek:

I didn't go to the Luton game, but my mate did and the words:

NOT,
GOOD,
ENOUGH,
FOR,
CONFERENCE

and

FOOTBALL

were used.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Bollocks.

Pearson and Cook are both out on loan to get first-team match experience.

Also, Cook isn't even on a professional contract.

Fraser wouldn't have been told he can leave and still be in the team either, so I think the person who wrote that must have been under the influence of alcohol/drugs at the time of writing.

Why is it bollocks.

Have heard this and not from the author of said article. Might not be true, but you are not to know, especially from afar.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Not bonkers at all - their team would be weaker with him in it!
Fraser is simply nowhere near good enough - get rid.
I'd be amazed if another league 1 team showed an interest in him.
Unless its a Unibond League 1 team!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i think its fairly clear that adams isn't interested in developing young players. i don't remember him being particularly keen on this last time he was in charge, would be interested to know what his policies on up and coming players was at his other clubs. sullivan is the exception not the rule.

the strangest thing is that cook was deemed good enough to come on against man city but since then hasn't been involved (think he was unused sub the game after?).

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
i think its fairly clear that adams isn't interested in developing young players. i don't remember him being particularly keen on this last time he was in charge, would be interested to know what his policies on up and coming players was at his other clubs. sullivan is the exception not the rule.

the strangest thing is that cook was deemed good enough to come on against man city but since then hasn't been involved (think he was unused sub the game after?).

speaking of youth players, 3 players which Albion released a couple of years back are now in the England Under 18s School squad. One of which is now on trial with us again

The three players released may not have been good enough for League 1 but they were a left back, a creative midfielder and an attacker, three positions we are crying out for. It would seem Micky would have looked elsewhere anyway if they were still on our books.

None of them being released were to do with Adams though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here