Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Frank Lampard

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think Roman was a bit gutted he did as well last year.

I think he was a stop gap till this summer

Couldn’t get rid of him after last season

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I think Lampard will be top 3 at least this year and he’ll of done a good job. Push for the title next year. Really hope I’m wrong as he’s pretty arrogant. That episode with Klopp showed that.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Already has the look of a dead man walking doesn't he.

Had his free hit. Now, having spent more than any club ever in a transfer window, there's a Russian gangster with Frank's head on the block.

Just watched his press conference. He's two losses from the SACK and he knows IT.

He sleeps with the fishes

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has recently come over on tv as someone under a lot of pressure, very protective and insecure. Not the calm considered relaxed person you used to see.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He hasn’t got a clue.

As I said a couple of weeks ago but was told by a couple of posters I was wrong, he is tactically naive. He showed that last season and is again now. There is no plan at all and no way he should be in charge of a club that size with the players he’s got, he’s totally wasting them.

As someone brilliantly said on one of the podcasts I listen to, he is Tim Sherwood with A-Levels.
A fair analogy,. Although I reckon Sherwood's only GCSE world be in General Studies (C). Probably more than Scotty Parker even did got though and it's one of them things.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He sleeps with the fishes
Well Roman does live on his mega yacht now doesn't he?

"Hey Frankie, pop over to Monaco, we need a little chat. Nothing serious."

"Uh, sorry boss. Got a game tomorrow and I can't get a flight until......"

"Helicopter is on your lawn, see you soon."

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Could end up going the way of Shearer I recon. (i.e. Tried managing his lifelong club, swiftly followed by "Didn't he used to be a coach?", "Oh yeah, I remember that!")

Should have done the sensible thing like Gerrard and learned his trade outside the PL. When you think of the pressure, the expectation and the serious competition in this league, he has one of the most difficult jobs a new young manager could take on. Then when you factor in the added interest because of who he is and his Chelsea history, it was always going to be too much to ask IMO.

Not sure he is manager material anyway to be honest.
Err - did he not spend a season managing at Derby.???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He hasn’t got a clue.

As I said a couple of weeks ago but was told by a couple of posters I was wrong, he is tactically naive. He showed that last season and is again now. There is no plan at all and no way he should be in charge of a club that size with the players he’s got, he’s totally wasting them.

As someone brilliantly said on one of the podcasts I listen to, he is Tim Sherwood with A-Levels.

While I agree, its possible that Thiago Silva will un**** their defense. He is old, but very, very good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That keeper is a £79m disaster , but not a Frank signing.
If the expectation is Chelsea win the title, or even come second, then expect to see Frank and his diminishing barnet punditing in a TV studio quite soon. I do like himthough - English manager, brilliant player, seems alright as a bloke.
As for Ole, he’s been given too long already. The latest example of post-Ferguson United finding a way to get it wrong. If we are in the mood this weekend, I fancy us to turn them over.

They both seem to be doing OK to me :shrug:

Who can legislate against #batshitmental owners, though? ???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He comes across as tense, defensive and ready to explode with the media.

A touch of the Nigel Pearson’s about him.
Nailed it.

"So that was a bad mistake by the goalkeeper, he's clearly under pressure. Are you still looking to replace him?"

"Yes it was and I'm not saying anything else about that"

Pearson/Trump standard interview.

Chelsea lose another couple of games and he'll either go full Pearson, offering the journos out, or just get Doctor Fauici to answer for him.

"Thanks folks, not you, you're fake.....:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
While I agree, its possible that Thiago Silva will un**** their defense. He is old, but very, very good.

I agree with that but they’ll still be knocking long balls over the top for Werner to run on to or just hoping for a bit of individual magic from Havertz or Pulisic and the best teams will combat that.

He’s got no shape or plan for his teams at the moment, there’s no identifiable style or tactic and he will be found out.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s spent £100m’s including Pulisic and Mendy, with a CB to come. Added to squad already with the quality of Kante, Giroud, Kovacic, Jorginho, Hudson-Odo and Mount.

They should threaten to win trophies this season and top 4 is a must.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
He hasn’t got a clue.

I’ve been saying it since he was at Derby where he hardly pulled up any trees with the value of that squad relative to the competition around them. No way should he have got the Chelsea job. White, ex-England golden boy, boxes ticked. No starting at Macclesfield Town for our Frank.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here