Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank Lampard

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Could there have been in clause in his last contract with Chelsea that prevented him from signing for a premier league club after he left them?

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
If it wasn't for Frank, Chelsea would be 7 points clear at the top..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If it wasn't for Frank, Chelsea would be 7 points clear at the top..

Robbie Savage said this the other day, the graphic he showed was for 2 wins and a draw in the 3 games that Frank had scored key goals. The point is they would have got 2 points for the draws that turned into wins, so really a 5 point swing not 7.

That said, given we're yet to see the fallout from the shillaking Spurs gave Chelsea and given Aguero and Dzeko are about to return for Citeh, those Lampard goals could still turn out to be the decisive factor come the end of the season.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I would.

If I was a player, I would definitely choose to play for teams in beautiful and exciting places - it always amazes me that players who are already earning more than you could ever need choose the better deal financially rather than spiritually.

I remember a player moving from Barcelona to Middlesbrough once - Michael Reiziger. Utterly incomprehensible in my book.

Stevie G must be champing at the bit at the thought of moving to the West Coast of California!

I'm not so sure. The quality of the MLS is pretty low. I get the new and exciting lifestyle bit but if I was Lampard still playing at the top level for Man City, I'm not sure I'd want to jack that in and move to the MLS. I don't think its a financial decision to come out here.

I honestly think Beckham wasted a good 3 years of his career by playing at LA Galaxy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not so sure. The quality of the MLS is pretty low. I get the new and exciting lifestyle bit but if I was Lampard still playing at the top level for Man City, I'm not sure I'd want to jack that in and move to the MLS. I don't think its a financial decision to come out here.

I honestly think Beckham wasted a good 3 years of his career by playing at LA Galaxy.

But Becks managed to add AC Milan and PSG to his CV in that period, not bad playing for Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan, and Paris St Germain!*

*not forgetting Preston North End of course!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
But Becks managed to add AC Milan and PSG to his CV in that period, not bad playing for Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan, and Paris St Germain!

*not forgetting Preston North End of course!

Agree with you. But my point is he could easily have played for those clubs full time without wasting his time in LA. He was only 32 when he signed for them. Lampard is 36 and still cutting it at a very high level week in week out. He hasn't much of his career left and if he can finish at the very top I don't blame him.

And its still bloody cold in NY!

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Read some of the news on NYCFC. They will be playing at NY Yankees Stadium. It's a baseball stadium. Baseball stadiums have dirt infields. That means that a large part of the football pitch that NYCFC will play on for home matches will be dirt. It will be a subpar playing surface unless they figure out some way to get the whole pitch in the outfield section of the baseball stadium. I've seen that done in a few baseball stadiums. It causes a lot of the fans to sit in areas where they are a long distance from the pitch. It will be interesting to see just how much the grounds crew at Yankee Stadium is allowed to change the field where the hallowed Yankees play.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I wouldn't normally want City to grab the title but I would LOVE IT if Lampard took the division away from Chelsea.

Felpham Seagull

May 15, 2013
Felpham
Does it go something like this:

City couldn't sign Fat Frank because of FPP

City's owners also own NY.

NY signed Frank and then loaned him to Citeh.

Two fingers at FPP and City get the player they want.

spot on maybe NY will sign Ronaldo and loan him out to Man Shitty

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Read some of the news on NYCFC. They will be playing at NY Yankees Stadium. It's a baseball stadium. Baseball stadiums have dirt infields. That means that a large part of the football pitch that NYCFC will play on for home matches will be dirt. It will be a subpar playing surface unless they figure out some way to get the whole pitch in the outfield section of the baseball stadium. I've seen that done in a few baseball stadiums. It causes a lot of the fans to sit in areas where they are a long distance from the pitch. It will be interesting to see just how much the grounds crew at Yankee Stadium is allowed to change the field where the hallowed Yankees play.

Yes. I agree. And there are a lot of baseball games over the summer as well. Apparently a new stadium will be built in time, but they haven't even found anywhere yet.

Yankee Stadium is fantastic - but it is totally unsuited to football.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Just after MUFC / Yankees announced the formation of NYCFC they arranged a friendly at Yankee Stadium between Man City and Chelsea, it was pretty much a full strength Man City side and a ‘B’ team for Chelsea. The company I work for was involved with constructing the new Yankee Stadium so we all got complementary tickets. It was a good match but definitely a first watching it being played in a baseball stadium. NYCFC are still in the process of securing a new stadium, they had hoped it would be in Flushing, Queens near to the US Open courts but that fell through due to opposition from the locals (sound familiar?) so they are now looking at building in the Bronx close to Yankee stadium – but any new stadium is unlikely to be built before 2018 so I guess they are stuck at Yankee stadium for a few years. It’s not new for baseball stadiums to host soccer games – the old Shea stadium hosted Argentina v Italy, England v Brazil and Pele played there for NY Cosmos. But playing soccer in a baseball stadium just isn’t cricket.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Not his first language, but Pellegrini shooting for quote of the year (and its only January) said about the move ....

"I repeat I don’t want to continue talking about that thing because it’s finished. All the different problems have another problem inside of that problem."

So thats cleared that up then.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here