Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Frank Lampard appointed Chelsea manager

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Going to be very interesting to see how this pans out. If he can get a top four finish playing Abraham and Zouma and Mount and Odoi etc , well he's gonna go down as a pretty good manager after just one season. And with Ole looking to play his younguns, this could really transform the way the big boys look at their youngsters. In the long run it would be great if teams promoted before bought.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Going to be very interesting to see how this pans out. If he can get a top four finish playing Abraham and Zouma and Mount and Odoi etc , well he's gonna go down as a pretty good manager after just one season. And with Ole looking to play his younguns, this could really transform the way the big boys look at their youngsters. In the long run it would be great if teams promoted before bought.

Meanwhile Liverpool and Man Citeh will give them their best wishes.....and then not bother looking back...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do regard Hughton as English in reality though. Well, 'home grown'.

Using that qualifier, I wonder if many top flight clubs of recent times have had two English coaches in a row.

Actually, there's probably a few with the little Pardew merry-go-round.

Lol. I agree. Hughton may claim he's Irish but, sorry, he's English to me. Call me racist if you will.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Over inflated transfer fees will force clubs to look harder at their academy players and will help English football in the long run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here