Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Franchise - anyone tried/running one?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
From what I have seen, generally the people who earn money in franchises are those who sell them. In a lot of cases you are tied in with who you can purchase goods from and restricted in the area you cover.

It seems to me its better to try something off your own back, it still carries the same risk.

As someone providing financial services to franchisees and other businesses, this seems so true.

Franchisors get rich on little effort.

Franchisees soon realise they've been stiched up one way or another.

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
If you can do think you can run the business you have in mind as good or better than with the aid or branding of the franchise, source suppliers etc. you'r be better off starting up on your own. Depends on the business really, I looked in to franchises a while back, decided against it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its a simple concept, if a company has a few stores slowly but surely the staff at all levels get complacent after a while.

If you flog a store in that chain off to someone who gets a sniff of some big money, that person will be more motivated and will push the staff and maximize the takings, cut costs, hard sell and be there long hours to maintain that knowing that a fair cut is going in to his/her back pocket. However, this leads to overselling, poor working conditions, lack of unionization and dubious or frankly scandalous employment contracts. Frankly, the franchisee kicks arse like the middle management could never do and if staff don't like it, TOUGH !

So, can you be a hard bastard and maintain double standards and treat staff like scum for the hope of trousering a good income with a possible big payoff for " Growing " the business ( screwing staff and punters) ? If so, franchising is for you .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here