Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

France v Portugal - who do you want to win?

Who do you want to lift the Henri Delaunay Trophy?

• France

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Not too bothered

Votes: 29 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Awful game awful tournament
Shearer just summed it up
"Dull game dull tournamount"
Without doubt the worst international tournament in my lifetime, been watching football since 1974

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Poor game , Portugal are a horrible team to play against . France have been poor , the match sums up the tournament boring ..France no energy , Portugese playing for penalties as soon as Ronaldo went off .

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Shocking game but a perfect summary of this tournament for me. Defensive, cautious and boring.

Unfortunately there are very few good international sides in Europe at the moment with most struggling up front especially. Doesn't make for good viewing. The increase up to 24 teams and the third place teams going through hasn't helped as you basically just needed to win one game in the group stages to qualify

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
At this point I don't much care who wins, just want someone to put this awful game out of its misery.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Shocking game but a perfect summary of this tournament for me. Defensive, cautious and boring.

Unfortunately there are very few good international sides in Europe at the moment with most struggling up front especially. Doesn't make for good viewing. The increase up to 24 teams and the third place teams going through hasn't helped as you basically just needed to win one game in the group stages to qualify

Don't need to win one, as Portugal showed

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Football's been crap so Portugal to win. Historically, our oldest allies and the French have spent most of their history fighting us and, when not us, we've bailed them out and they still seem ungrateful. Big chip on their shoulder about the language as well.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Football's been crap so Portugal to win. Historically, our oldest allies and the French have spent most of their history fighting us and, when not us, we've bailed them out and they still seem ungrateful. Big chip on their shoulder about the language as well.
Not sure if these 19th century alliances are relevant today.

I do know that Portugal have put England out of tournaments in recent years.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm currently in the bog having a dump and it's been the highlight of the last 2 hours.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bloody hell, something's happened!

Cracking strike too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, they win ONE game in 90 minutes during the entire tournament, and win the tournament . . . .

Makes up for their double whammy against Greece I guess.

Ronaldo in tears so I guess, also, it would be wrong to accuse him of being 'all about me' . . .

Funny old game, though . . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here