Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] France v Denmark and Australia v Peru

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
WTF France 0-0 Denmark ?!

You'd have to say on current form Belgium, Croatia and England are the only sides that have looked like tournament winners. The other, bigger sides have laboured for much of qualification.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I've just noticed the huge number of photographers lined up behind the advertising hoardings. Surely there aren't that many newspapers in Denmark and France - normally you get a handful of "pool" photographers to capture images that are sent to all tabloids and magazines etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You'd have to say on current form Belgium, Croatia and England are the only sides that have looked like tournament winners. The other, bigger sides have laboured for much of qualification.
Agreed, although France had little to play for here and yet they've just got the job done for a third time. Plus, Germany looked quality against Sweden in the second half.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Argentina go out this evening. As a team, they are shit. :drink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As predicted.

You'd have to say on current form Belgium, Croatia and England are the only sides that have looked like tournament winners.
Belgium and ourselves haven't played anyone even half decent yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agreed, but in all WC's the same old faces power/savvy their way to the trophy come the end. Germany, Spain and France, irritating as it may be, may well overcome the group of new interlopers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agreed, but in all WC's the same old faces power/savvy their way to the trophy come the end. Germany, Spain and France, irritating as it may be, may well overcome the group of new interlopers.

That may come to pass but the likes of Belgium, Croatia, Colombia and even England have a terrific opportunity to go the full 7 matches in this tournament.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Feel sorry for that poor bugger who cycled all the way from India for that rancid pile of old ponce just served up by France and Denmark. That was the only ticket he had as well.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Australia have been quite decent coming forward. If they were able to pick a final ball they'd be hoping France could help them out.
Imagine how angry they'd have been if they had actually needed France to attempt to win to go through. Better that they lost in a way.

As an aside, Maty Ryan notwithstanding, isn't it funny how low Australian sport has sunk recently. I'm enjoying it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As an aside, Maty Ryan notwithstanding, isn't it funny how low Australian sport has sunk recently. I'm enjoying it.
Didn't you hear? The only sport they care about in Australia is Aussie rules.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't you hear? The only sport they care about in Australia is Aussie rules.

I've tried watching that, but I simply do not have a scooby what the frick is going on. Bewildering sport.

There also seems to be about six referees on the pitch all at the same time.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've tried watching that, but I simply do not have a scooby what the frick is going on. Bewildering sport.

And the six referees aren't bothered about the players beating the shit out of each other. It's a confusing sport for sure.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It depends on the State.
That was a week ago. I imagine no state in Australia is interested in cricket, rugby, or football at the moment. There's a lot going on at this time of year you know.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Their sporting arrogance has taken a knock. I wonder if they're as fickle in their support as the average european?

think the average fan is gutted and the pundits and media are gutted as they are out of a job ..........west coast eagles played a game last thursday that clashed with the WC game , shocking form from the AFL. it's taken me over 20 years to get to the stage where i can watch a whole game and understand the rules , five refs on the pitch and they still get a lot wrong .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It's good once you get to grips with it. Powerful, skilful and exciting.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here