Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] France (Macron) wants to BAN the wolf whistle

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A wolf whistle in itself is harmless

To you, maybe. To a survivor of sexual assault, maybe not.

It's just stigmatised because of groups of bellends doing it in conjunction with sexist comments.

Normally this 'idiots spoiling it for the majority' argument involves there being some form of benefit to the thing. I don't really understand the benefit of wolf-whistling.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
To you, maybe. To a survivor of sexual assault, maybe not.

So if someone hums along to Doris Day whilst performing the vile act, we should ban her discography?

Normally this 'idiots spoiling it for the majority' argument involves there being some form of benefit to the thing. I don't really understand the benefit of wolf-whistling.

A quick look at the dictionary should sort you out.

noun
noun: wolf whistle; plural noun: wolf whistles

a whistle with a rising and falling pitch, directed towards someone to express sexual attraction or admiration.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So if someone hums along to Doris Day whilst performing the vile act, we should ban her discography?

A quick look at the dictionary should sort you out.

noun
noun: wolf whistle; plural noun: wolf whistles

a whistle with a rising and falling pitch, directed towards someone to express sexual attraction or admiration.

You said it was harmless. I was only coming back to that. I've even said above it wouldn't be a legislative priority for me.

Still none the wiser, even with the definition. Why do you need to express sexual attraction to someone in public?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You said it was harmless. I was only coming back to that. I've even said above it wouldn't be a legislative priority for me.

Still none the wiser, even with the definition. Why do you need to express sexual attraction to someone in public?

That's like asking if it's necessary to compliment anybody surely?

Why does a wolf-whistle have to be sinister? It's like condemning someone because they say 'wow, you look great' because it could somehow lead to assault.

Groups of uneducated (or inebriated) blokes have made something as innocuous as a wolf-whistle to somehow be defined as a sexist act.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Still on here moaning instead of concentrating on improving your situation then ?

Was thinking of doing a counselling course of some kind... maybe Conflict Resolution or maybe helping those with anger management issues.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Although I can understand her response it is a risky, and illegal thing to do. Unofficially I'd say well done !
That doesn’t show they’d been ‘catcalling’ her at all , the bloke posting the video assumed that , they could have been arguing because one or the other cut them up etc and he resorted to winding her up playing the ‘calm down sweetheart/darling/love card

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Was thinking of doing a counselling course of some kind... maybe Conflict Resolution or maybe helping those with anger management issues.
No mate , concentrate on improving YOUR situation (you haven’t whooshed me btw)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Start with the Hopkins thread , plenty of snowflakes in there foaming at the mouth over nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No mate , concentrate on improving YOUR situation (you haven’t whooshed me btw)

That WOULD improve my situation... Counselling costs about £80-£110 an hour. I'm still touched you care btw :blush:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have heard from many many women that this kind of shit, cat calling, wolf whistles etc etc makes them feel very uncomfortable. I have read many many articles by women who say that these acts make them feel uncomfortable (at the very least).

But now I am reading from some men on NSC that wolf whistling is okay. Now I just don't know what to think.:facepalm:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That WOULD improve my situation... Counselling costs about £80-£110 an hour. I'm still touched you care btw :blush:

i genuinely do hope you get it sorted, my original post was used as a stick to beat you , it was wrong , it was snide and for that you have my apology :thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I have heard from many many women that this kind of shit, cat calling, wolf whistles etc etc makes them feel very uncomfortable. I have read many many articles by women who say that these acts make them feel uncomfortable (at the very least).

But now I am reading from some men on NSC that wolf whistling is okay. Now I just don't know what to think.:facepalm:

Men and woman are the same in 2017, totally equal didn't you know

This sort of thing doesn't bother men if it happens to them , so why are women being so precious about it ?

Do they expect special treatment as they are women?

Thought that sort of sexual discrimination went out years ago

Obviously not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Men and woman are the same in 2017, totally equal didn't you know

This sort of thing doesn't bother men if it happens to them , so why are women being so precious about it ?

Do they expect special treatment as they are women?

Thought that sort of sexual discrimination went out years ago

Obviously not

I disagree with the premise of your post and respectfully suggest that you need to find out more about equality and sexual discrimination as you have vastly over simplified it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I disagree with the premise of your post and respectfully suggest that you need to find out more about equality and sexual discrimination as you have vastly over simplified it.

Ok mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here