Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fozzie

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Fozzie was a half-time guest on Saturday with Nobby (if you don't know who I mean ask an older fan), would not have recognised him, looked so different. Stadium sound system is rubbish so struggled to hear his interview but seemed a bit confused & Nobby put his hand on his back to guide him off. Is he another very sad victim of damage caused by heading the ball? Anyone heard anything?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Fozzie was a half-time guest on Saturday with Nobby (if you don't know who I mean ask an older fan), would not have recognised him, looked so different. Stadium sound system is rubbish so struggled to hear his interview but seemed a bit confused & Nobby put his hand on his back to guide him off. Is he another very sad victim of damage caused by heading the ball? Anyone heard anything?
Haven’t heard anything, but found myself wondering the same thing.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I never knew Brian Horton as “ Nobby”, just Nobby Lawton.
Really?! He'd already left us by the time I was born and I still call him Nobby!

Really sad about Fozzie if true, wonderful player and character. A player that my Dad and I both loved from completely different era's and times with the club. Up there with Zamora and Ward in our family.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Fozzie was never a great talker in interviews. He didn't seem quite himself but I'm not sure it's appropriate to be speculating about someone's health on NSC, even though I appreciate it's coming from a good place and not in any way malicious.
I wasn’t speculating, just wondering.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fozzie was never a great talker in interviews. He didn't seem quite himself but I'm not sure it's appropriate to be speculating about someone's health on NSC, even though I appreciate it's coming from a good place and not in any way malicious.
Same feelings here. Not comfortable with this thread.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
A great leader on the pitch though not just here but would have been at Villa , Luton and Pompey

For those not old enough to have been around just think of him as the Lewis Dunk of his day
Fozzie was never a great talker in interviews. He didn't seem quite himself but I'm not sure it's appropriate to be speculating about someone's health on NSC, even though I appreciate it's coming from a good place and not in any way maliciou

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I was fortunate enough to see Fozzie in his second spell with the Albion.

As a defender you can learn a lot from trying to think 'What would Steve Foster do?'
Ha. And the answer, was usually to head it half way back up the pitch, boot it onto Newtown Road or let the opposing centre forward "know you're there".

Proper old school defender

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I was fortunate enough to see Fozzie in his second spell with the Albion.

As a defender you can learn a lot from trying to think 'What would Steve Foster do?'
Head the ball clear, then walk up the pitch with both arms outstretched. Not a lot more to think about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here