Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox cubs 'kept in captivity to be hunted illegally'

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What that report doesn't say, is that the barn was on a farm 200m away from the local hunt's kennel's, and were from at least 4 different vixens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33098202

You're right , the report should include that if relevant.

But does the farm have any connection to the kennels? Same owner for example? Or could it be purely coincidental.

It will be interesting what the owners of the shed say as to why they were there. But so far they haven't been charged or prosecuted yet, but they have already been condemned by public opinion.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
men on horses, dozens of hounds, chasing down one animal, please explain just how that is not cruelty?

I'm not on about if Fox hunting is cruel or not, but commenting on a single source (which may have an ulterior motive) that claims it's only existing for Fox hunting purposes.

The owners have already been judged as guilty by those calling them evil, etc, without knowledge of the facts of the case.

I'm saying let's not be so pre-judgemental and wait for the facts to come out (if the case is taken to court and they are charged with animal cruelty, but they seem to have been well cared for as per the report)

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I'm not on about if Fox hunting is cruel or not, but commenting on a single source (which may have an ulterior motive) that claims it's only existing for Fox hunting purposes.

The owners have already been judged as guilty by those calling them evil, etc, without knowledge of the facts of the case.

I'm saying let's not be so pre-judgemental and wait for the facts to come out (if the case is taken to court and they are charged with animal cruelty, but they seem to have been well cared for as per the report)

Yawn.

An investigation by the League discovered the foxes in the barn following a tip off. Covert surveillance was then placed on the shed and the footage of the terrierman going in was obtained.
The barn is 200 metres away from hunting hound kennels owned by the Middleton Foxhounds, and is on the same land. The land on which both are situated is owned by the Birdsall Estates Company. The Company Secretary of the Birdsall Estates Company is Lord Middleton, a former Joint Master of the Hunt and still an active member.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Presumably, the delightful process of 'cubbing' is no more with the terrible legislation. I guess the dogs have to be trained to kill somehow. What a sad state of affairs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I just don't understand it. We don't hunt foxes anymore. So why go out of your way to break the law and do it for personal pleasure. What gets into people's heads ? It's not as if they are doing a pubic service in the face of cruel governance. Defies belief.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yawn.

An investigation by the League discovered the foxes in the barn following a tip off. Covert surveillance was then placed on the shed and the footage of the terrierman going in was obtained.
The barn is 200 metres away from hunting hound kennels owned by the Middleton Foxhounds, and is on the same land. The land on which both are situated is owned by the Birdsall Estates Company. The Company Secretary of the Birdsall Estates Company is Lord Middleton, a former Joint Master of the Hunt and still an active member.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a response to this from the estimable Mr Fawkes?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Yawn.

Thanks for posting that.

None of that was in the original report (link posted by the OP) however it does sound like it is connected which, if the original accusation is true, is rather vile and disgusting.

I was just waiting for details / facts (like the ones posted above) rather than a knee jerk jumping to conclusions based upon speculation and assumptions (however much of a leap it took to reach that assumption)

If it is true, then i hope the people responsible are prosecuted and get a fair trial (like anyone would regardless of crime or their own background as per our legal system) and not be prejudged and condemned by (social) media.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

the hunting is very cruel
and please 200m from where the hounds are kept
please wake up and smell the coffee mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here