Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fourth Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Chester le Street 9-13 Aug 2013

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This is begining to remind me of that West Indies chase when Greenwich scored 200. Anyone remember that game? How many did they need to win, I remember it being around 350 (from the highlights I might add, I was only 3 at the time!)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
80-0 (20 overs)

Rogers 36* Warner 37*

Australia are cruising.

Is there another swing in the Test Match??

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Really shrewd stuff this from Australia, the rate they've scored at has pretty much taken the second new ball out of the game. Quite a bit of pressure on Swann to get it done methinks.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really shrewd stuff this from Australia, the rate they've scored at has pretty much taken the second new ball out of the game. Quite a bit of pressure on Swann to get it done methinks.

An excellent observation. :thumbsup:.

They've taken a risk, especially knowing Cook's negative nature, and they've f*cked us in the first 20 overs. We look shellshocked in the field, I'm watching blank faces, there is very little shouting, and the intensity has dropped. Hardly been a chance for 10 overs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
England are overwhelming favorites, how many times has 299 been chased down in the 4th innings in England?? Particularly on a pitch where the previous 3 innings runs have only accumulated an average of 260 per innings.

The bowlers have got their batsmen out of trouble with the bat, again. I expect them to finish the job by the end of the day.

I do too now.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We need a wicket and we need it NOW!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Australia 101-0 (26.4 overs)

Rogers 45* Warner 48*

Australia's highest opening partnership of the series.

198 more required.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
One slip FFS.

More absolute PONY captaincy from Cook.

We could have 5 slips and a gully... but so far the ball hasn't been going there... it has been pinging to the fence with monotonous regularity.

These two have hit FIFTEEN boundaries so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here