Fourth Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Chester le Street 9-13 Aug 2013

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
i want to go and watch an hour of the Aussie innings in my lunch break. (After their lunch break)

Which pubs that serve food are likely to have cricket on?
I work centrally (North Laine) and am not fussed about the food quality in this instance, just don't want to waste time finding somewhere that's showing it...

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
i want to go and watch an hour of the Aussie innings in my lunch break. (After their lunch break)

I work centrally (North Laine) and am not fussed about the food quality in this instance, just don't want to waste time finding somewhere that's showing it...

http://www.useyourlocal.com/pubs/east-sussex/brighton/st-peters-and-north-laine/branch-tavern/q/ref-282/

Oops sorry about the first one.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Could be good if Warner didn't hit it...

no hotspot... or visual evidence for hitting it...

Pitched outside leg... review lost :nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
England are overwhelming favorites, how many times has 299 been chased down in the 4th innings in England?? Particularly on a pitch where the previous 3 innings runs have only accumulated an average of 260 per innings.

The bowlers have got their batsmen out of trouble with the bat, again. I expect them to finish the job with the ball by the end of the day.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
England are overwhelming favorites, how many times has 299 been chased down in the 4th innings in England?? Particularly on a pitch where the previous 3 innings runs have only accumulated an average of 260 per innings.

The bowlers have got their batsmen out of trouble with the bat, again. I expect them to finish the job with the ball by the end of the day.

How many times has 299 needed to be chased down in tests in England? Stats can be very deceptive. England chased down 315 comfortably in 2001 at Headingly when the Aussies had declared thinking the exact thing you're thinking.

260 average innings has been indicative of some poor batting on both sides rather than a pitch that you can't score runs on. Rogers, Bell, Watson, Cook, Trott, KP, Bresnan have all shown you can get 40+ and build partnerships on this wicket playing sensibly.

I agree with Titanic, it's in the balance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks to Harris' performance this morning, my £10 on Swann to be top series wicket taker isn't looking quite so rosy.

Now currently;

Swann 21
Harris 20
Anderson 17
Siddle 17

3 or 4 for Swann in this innings please.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks to Harris' performance this morning, my £10 on Swann to be top series wicket taker isn't looking quite so rosy.

Now currently;

Swann 21
Harris 20
Anderson 17
Siddle 17

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
BUCKETING down now

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Now currently;

Swann 21
Harris 20
Anderson 17
Siddle 17

You are still sat fairly pretty. The Oval will definately turn & I'd be suprised if Swann doesn't bag a few in the this innings.

How much do you stand to win? Is it worth a cheeky punt on Harris to cover it, if Anderson doesn't do much in this innings?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I can't decide if the rain is a good or bad thing for us. Might help the seamers and will make it harder to score quickly which will build pressure but we kind of want in nice and dry for Swann to go through them

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's too much time left in the game for it to be a draw. Even with a whole day lost Australia would have to treat the 60-odd overs left as though it were a one-day game to have any chance of squaring the series.

The simplicity of the situation should help England, as we usually think 'draw' before we think 'win'. Statistically, we're likely to win. I can't see 6 or 7 of the Aussies all chipping in, it will take a big hundred and the Michael Clarke wicket will be huge. I'm disappointed Cook has used up one review before lunch, when they still need 300 more. What was he thinking?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The fun is due to restart in 10 minutes... and go on until 19:30, with 20 mins for tea at 16:45... we could get most of the 59 overs completed today... if the weather holds.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Hope you enoyed that hour watching the rain....................

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Here we go, Cook already going defensive, take out a slip for someone at deep point...

So so defensive, what is this saying to his bowlers when you set fields just in case of a bad ball.

We're not even 8 overs in FFS Cook, show some backbone in the field man!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports