Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fourth Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Chester le Street 9-13 Aug 2013

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Broad gets Harris LBW. Umpire says not out, England review. Harris sees delivery on big screen and walks off knowing it is out. Tony Hill reverses decision whilst players have already walked off! Aus lead by 32

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Another RUBBISH decision from TONY HILL. He really is hopeless. That was hitting half way up middle.

Australia 270 all out. 1st innings lead of 32.

Stuart Broad 24.3-7-71-5 :clap:

Come on the BATTERS!

Yup, well bowled Broad. Got us back in the game there.

That really was a terrible decision by Tony Hill. Where do they find these twits. Michael Vaughn on TMS yesterday was telling Simon Mann to become an umpire, as he was calling all the right decisions from the commentary box without looking at replays!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
All four results are possible here... the next half an hour is the first key milestone... pressure on, but also a great opportunity for, Cook and Root.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Another RUBBISH decision from TONY HILL. He really is hopeless. That was hitting half way up middle.

Australia 270 all out. 1st innings lead of 32.

Stuart Broad 24.3-7-71-5 :

Come on the BATTERS! It is now your time to make a significant contribution.

Tony Hill has basically got every decision wrong this morning.Thank god for the review system.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Now is the time for our best innings of the series, come on England!

(I don't mean how many either, just good partnerships, rotating the strike, finding the gaps etc. going to be tough today)

Last edited:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Young Root isn't a test opener yet. I said that after his 180 and I maintain it now. I'm not sure what the best available alternative is though. Remember, we have a lot of Ashes cricket to come. They are back in 2015.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need the big batsmen nato stand up and be counted Cook Trott Peiterson and Bell with support from the rest. We have got to be looking at getting 300+ to give our bowlers something to aim for to win.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We need the big batsmen nato stand up and be counted Cook Trott Peiterson and Bell with support from the rest. We have got to be looking at getting 300+ to give our bowlers something to aim for to win.

That has only been done ONCE this season at Durham... against a COUNTY attack. It would be an EXTRAORDINARY effort if England manage that.

A lead of 200 would be exciting all round.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree about it not being done at Durham but it is attainable with the right application by the top order batsmen to just play them selves in and aim for 50 each time is not a problem just occupy the crease and score rus steadily. It will not matter if we are still in bat at teatime on 4th day or even at the close. The onus to win is on Australia we would be happy with a draw..

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not convinced with Joe Root, yeah yeah 180 and all but his departure always looks imminent with almost every ball he faces.
I've never see a player look so terrified and twitchy, I get twitchy just watching him.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not convinced with Joe Root, yeah yeah 180 and all but his departure always looks imminent with almost every ball he faces.
I've never see a player look so terrified and twitchy, I get twitchy just watching him.

He's been thrown into opening incredibly young & in an Ashes to boot. He's got the talent, just a few issues to iron out. Cook also had a similar spell when he was nearly dropped but he sorted out his technical issue at the time.

That ball today would have got many a better batsman than Root out, a proper Jaffa.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That has only been done ONCE this season at Durham... against a COUNTY attack. It would be an EXTRAORDINARY effort if England manage that.

A lead of 200 would be exciting all round.

Twice, Durham got 331 2nd innings v Derbyshire, and Yorkshire got 339 2nd innings (Root got 182 opening).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here