Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fourth Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Chester le Street 9-13 Aug 2013

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
**** Haddin wastes a review, ha

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Billy, don't be a zero. I will not resort to outright abuse but can't you see that I want England to play well ? I have no mission to decry the sainted KP. I just want England to bat,bowl and field better than the Aussies and win well and win with some style.

I can see you are struggling with this but we are ONLY JUST WINNING against what is reckoned to be a poor Aussie team and I would really like us TO PLAY BETTER. Geoff Boycott has his faults but he is a very good summariser of a game of cricket and he even said today that apart from Bell, most of our batsmen look out of form and that he is struggling to see where the runs are going to come from.
He also said that we missed a trick by not playing Onions on his own ground where his local knowledge and experience would be a boost for the team. A couple of years ago we had a strong batting line up and a good bowling attack, if one of the top order or if one of the bowlers had an off Test the others would rise and plug the gaps. Recently if the batting crumbles, we are relying on Bell to dig us out or if the bowlers lack penetration Swann or Anderson would get the wickets. We seem somewhat rudderless on the field for long periods and we are now hoping that someone will come to the party and do something rather than playing as a team with a plan A and a plan B.

There you go and I haven't even mentioned KP.

Boycott as entertaining as he is, is a professional troll, employed by the BBC to be controversial.

As normal the truth is somewhere between the two extremes. England's batting hasn't been great but Australia have bowled & fielded well, shepherded by an inventive and decisive captain. South Africa didn't score too many against them.

A bad Australia side is also relative, I mean this lot would probably be the best West Indian side since the early nineties.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Review for a catch by Prior, diving forward...

Prior seemed certain... almost DEMANDED the review...

did it hit the glove first before pad??

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
England bounce back ! Rogers gone !

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
YES that is OUT! There is a tiny hotspot on the glove...

and a great tumbling catch by Prior...

Rogers gone for 110.

233-7

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A wicket for JIMMY!

Siddle goes to a good low catch by Captain Cook at first slip.

Australia 245-8 (lead by 7)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We are clawing our way back in to this game, lets hope we can bat a bit better 2nd time around.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
England tidying up the tail quite nicely now.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This morning Broad is bowling like a club wicketkeeper!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Another RUBBISH decision from TONY HILL. He really is hopeless. That was hitting half way up middle.

Australia 270 all out. 1st innings lead of 32.

Stuart Broad 24.3-7-71-5 :clap2:

Come on the BATTERS! It is now your time to make a significant contribution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here