Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Fourth Ashes Test - England v Australia - Trent Bridge

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Considering the whitewashes England have suffered in the not too distant past, I'll take a couple more hammering wins before wanting more of a contest thank you!

Same here.

I want to see some Australians crying tonight

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
_84745163_bell.png

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Am I the only one a little bit disappointed?

I want a bit of a contest here. I don't want a test match over in 2 days. I want them to fight tooth and nail, maybe even make us bat again. Even in our 5-0 whitewash defeat, I don't remember us being this bad, we were bad but we stayed in games. This is bollocks from Australia.

If we were playing Palace, would you rather we won 8-0, completely giving them a football lesson, or would you prefer us to grub out a 2-1 win?

I know which one I would prefer.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If we were playing Palace, would you rather we won 8-0, completely giving them a football lesson, or would you prefer us to grub out a 2-1 win?

I know which one I would prefer.

That is a false comparison. Test Match cricket is a game that ebbs and flows; individual triumphs and disasters within the context of the whole; changing conditions, changing tempo; periods of quiet and periods of intense excitement; and it runs for four or five glorious days. Repeated 2 and 3 day games, whether you win or lose, are short-changing the fans of the delights that make up the game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Repeated 2 and 3 day games, whether you win or lose, are short-changing the fans of the delights that make up the game.
That's one viewpoint. Watching one side outplay the other for 5 days, and end up with a draw because the wicket's a bit flat and the weather knocks off a bit of time short-changes the fans for me. And to be honest, you don't even agree with yourself. You've loved the other games in this series.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oh that's a pity... Ben Stokes is limping off, looks like a hamstring... hope it's just cramp :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Clarke gone for just 13... trudges off head down :clap2:

A wicket for Wood... and Cook and Bell on the rebound complete the catch in the slips :clap2:

174-5

Whoa, we're halfway there! :laugh:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Drinks, evening session Day Two (yes, Day Two :) )

Australia 181-5 (47 overs), trailing by 150 runs.

Voges (playing for his spot) 24* Nevill 2*

20 overs remaining in the day (possibly plus the extra half hour?).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Cook holds on to one :laugh:

Wicket for Finn... nooooo!!! It's another NO BALL :angry:

A 'life' for Nevill.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Boycott: 'You dipstick' :laugh:

Why don't the umpires call them at the time?? That was a massive no-ball. Come on umpires... up your game please!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Australia 201-5 (50.4 overs), trailing by 130 :clap2:

Voges 34* Nevill 9*

Setting off for the Amex soon... hopefully ESPN alerts will be buzzing in my pocket... what a great day it has been :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here