Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Fourth Ashes Test - England v Australia - Trent Bridge

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Don't you just LOVE the way this game ebbs and flows? What a joy! :)

Take a bow Ben Stokes... 8-2-20-3 :clap2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Tea Day 2 - Yes, day 2

Australia 60 & 138/4 (29.0 ov)
England 391/9d
Australia trail by 193 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Am I the only one a little bit disappointed?

I want a bit of a contest here. I don't want a test match over in 2 days. I want them to fight tooth and nail, maybe even make us bat again. Even in our 5-0 whitewash defeat, I don't remember us being this bad, we were bad but we stayed in games. This is bollocks from Australia.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The last 10 minutes has turned this innings upside down.

In amongst all the glory, how irritating is this constant no ball reviewing, shall we just take it out of the umpires hands and automate it somehow, DRS adds to the drama, these reviews just stop you from actually celebrating a wicket....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Number 1 test batsman in the world? :rolleyes::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

I want a bit of a contest here. I don't want a test match over in 2 days. I want them to fight tooth and nail, maybe even make us bat again. Even in our 5-0 whitewash defeat, I don't remember us being this bad, we were bad but we stayed in games. This is bollocks from Australia.

Yes, and no. I would like some tension, 2005 was one of the best series ever because most of the games were close. However, it is also brilliant fun watching those pricks lose the plot so dramatically. I have to say I am enjoying it right now, come tomorrow when there is no cricket on when there could/would/should be, I may change my mind.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
In amongst all the glory, how irritating is this constant no ball reviewing, shall we just take it out of the umpires hands and automate it somehow, DRS adds to the drama, these reviews just stop you from actually celebrating a wicket....

It's very irritating until you remember the mare that Shepherd had years ago when he gave the WI 3 wickets which were all no balls.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have to say I am enjoying it right now, come tomorrow when there is no cricket on when there could/would/should be, I may change my mind.
Just watch the first two days again, plenty of entertainment. In fact ignore that, the footy season starts tonight, and there'll be some support games tomorrow to watch.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Considering the whitewashes England have suffered in the not too distant past, I'll take a couple more hammering wins before wanting more of a contest thank you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here