[Cricket] Fourth Ashes Test - England v Australia - Trent Bridge

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 261-3, leading by 201 with 7 wickets in hand. :clap2:

Yes, ENGLAND ARE LEADING BY 200+ WITH 7 WICKETS IN HAND ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE 4th TEST...
AGAINST AUSTRALIA, AND LEADING THE SERIES 2-1... QUITE REMARKABLE
:laugh:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For those watching, can I just remind you, that it's still day 1.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Joe Root smashes Lyon for SIX over midwicket... goes to 120* so he has now scored DOUBLE the Australian total, on his own :clap:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Unlucky Jonny Bairstow... out for 74, from 105 balls, 12 fours. Rogers only just hung on to that against his stomach.

England 269-4

A nightwatchman... really?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of play, Day 1

England 274-4 (65 overs), leading by 214 runs, with 6 wickets in hand.

Joe Root 124* (158 balls, 19 fours, 1 six), Mark Wood 2* (10 balls - done his job, played out Starc's last over)

What a day of Test Match cricket - one to remember, forever :)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Looking forward to that Gobby Aussie Twunt Jarrod Kimber giving his view about today this evening on Cricinfo.

P*ss off back to your Convict Colony..... :tosser:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ian_Holloway_13_28_1292785a.jpg

Adam Lyth takes up football management, but can't shake off the involuntary ticks left over from his international Cricket career...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Talk about bad fans, by 9.15 pm myself and two other England supporters left at the pub.
All the Aussie supporters had slunk off moaning.
Even when we play the crap, I still stay as long as possible, they don't get that here.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Looks like I'll be sleeping all day tomorrow!
Cricket goes on till 1am here, then Albion kick off at 2.45 am. :mad:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Blowers really is hopeless... Ooh it's bowled him... no it's LBW... not it's not given :nono:

I heard that yesterday, driving home. Utterly useless....he's bowled him.....no it's LBW.....big appeal though....it actually wasn't a good one (According to Glenn McGrath) there was an inside edge, too high and missing leg.

We seem to have gone a long way from.....bowled him.

He also called (Alistair) Cook, (Michael) Clarke as well earlier on in the day.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Talk about bad fans, by 9.15 pm myself and two other England supporters left at the pub.
Even when we play the crap, I still stay as long as possible, they don't get that here.

We saw that in Melbourne in 2010. Following the first day, which England dominated, they were playing in front of 80 000 empty seats and a couple of thousand pissed up England fans.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So how do people think Englands plans today will pan out? Personally would like to see them bat as long as possible, getting to a lead of maybe 450-500 then declare and go for an innings win. Not sure that will happen, but I hope so.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So how do people think Englands plans today will pan out? Personally would like to see them bat as long as possible, getting to a lead of maybe 450-500 then declare and go for an innings win. Not sure that will happen, but I hope so.

That would be good if we could bat most of the day then declare with an hour to have a go at taking a wicket or two.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Couldn't help but notice the empty seats in the Ozzie section at Trent Bridge yesterday at the end.

They hate losing its in their DNA, but I'm they will be back. Some parts of the Oz press are seeing the funny side though..

http://media.smh.com.au/video-sport...dia-piles-on-aussies-ashes-agony-6748447.html

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'd like to see that too. There are four days left with a good forecast and it won't be as easy to get them out second time around. Putting up an absolutely MASSIVE lead and giving ourselves three days to shoot them down not only seems the best way of winning the game from here but would also psychologically destroy the Aussies for The Oval as well as getting the paying customers some cricket to watch.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bat out the 1st innings and really punish these convicts for such a pathetic display

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports