[Cricket] Fourth Ashes Test - England v Australia - Trent Bridge

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Blowers really is hopeless... Ooh it's bowled him... no it's LBW... not it's not given :nono:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mitchell Johnson misses the stumps from 2 yards for a run out :laugh:
That's a harsh assessment of what looked like a tough chance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe... but it was funny :laugh:
Fair enough. I didn't know you were doing comedy, I thought you were only going for a professional and unbiased assessment of the game.

So both batsman in, have got more runs that the total of the opposition. When did we last do that?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
150 partnership for Root and Bairstow :clap2:

152 runs, 29.5 overs, RR: 5.09 (Bairstow 69, Root 77)

England 248-3, leading by 188 with 7 wickets in hand.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I love TMS and always have since the days of John Artlott and EW Swanton... but Blowers is getting beyond a joke. Time to pension him off.

I don't know...having an aristocratic buffoon seems somehow right on TMS, and it would all be a bit too polished without him.

I've had to listen this year, as I made the somewhat regrettable (in the light of what's happened in this series) decision to stop funding Murdoch earlier this year. I think it's excellent radio.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I love TMS and always have since the days of John Artlott and EW Swanton... but Blowers is getting beyond a joke. Time to pension him off.
Nah, the old duffers (who I suspect have had a glass of wine or a pint or two in the afternoon) commentating are one of the factors that makes TMS such good listening. There are periods in test matches that could be a bit dull to listen to if it was all flawless and wasn't for stuff like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports