[Cricket] Fourth Ashes Test - England v Australia - Trent Bridge

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Flicked off his hip from Johnson, another four for Root.
England 61-2 (18.3 overs), leading by 1 run with 8 wickets in hand :clap2:

Exactly the same length as the Australian innings this morning :laugh:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Cook edges one from Starc... FLYING THOUGH THE SLIPS at a catchable height between Clarke and Smith :laugh:

FOUR.. takes Alastair Cook to 2000 Test runs at 39.22 v Australia :clap2:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do you never learn? :rant: Expect a wicket soon.
[MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] has no superstitious impact on cricket like many of us do. He posts regular updates on every match, he is teflon in terms of cricket voodoo.

I on the other hand, would cause an instant wicket if I was to say something like Cook is looking good here.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] has no superstitious impact on cricket like many of us do. He posts regular updates on every match, he is teflon in terms of cricket voodoo.

I on the other hand, would cause an instant wicket if I was to say something like Cook is looking good here.....

Dangerous game you're playing there..........are you Australian ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Joe Root dealing in BOUNDARIES here... Hazlewood returns to the attack and goes for another four through the covers, followed by another to mid-wicket... 24* from 23 balls, 6 fours. :clap2:

England 81-2, leading by 21

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

You're tempting fate to a dangerous degree there, allow me to crank it up to perilous;

I'm looking forward to Cook celebrating his 50.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Er....what the ****s going on? I've just got in, put the cricket on and see England are 81-2. I was a little disappointed that we'd lost two early wickets again...until I saw that we're leading by 21. We bowled them out for 60?! What happened?! someone fill me in!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Er....what the ****s going on? I've just got in, put the cricket on and see England are 81-2. I was a little disappointed that we'd lost two early wickets again...until I saw that we're leading by 21. We bowled them out for 60?! What happened?! someone fill me in!
It's been something of a morning.

The Aussie top scorer was 'Extras' with 14.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I bet the Australians are glad they strengthened the batting line up for this test...

That extra batsman got how many? Oh, 0.

Just three seamers, when you like to bowl one of those in four over bursts, big big trouble should England build a big partnership at any point.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We have them 10-3 after 8 deliveries!!! Broad got 8 wickets 5 maidens, for 15 runs!!!

Green top surface, overcast this morning, Aussies batting like its a flat track in Adelaide.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Stuart Broad is what happened.

9.3 overs, 5 maidens, 15 runs, 8 wickets... yes EIGHT WICKETS... all catches in the slips (including a particularly special one from Stokes) :clap2:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Was a reasonably quiet first session to be honest. You've not missed much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports