Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FourFourTwo championship predictions

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't why everyone is saying Brentford will have such a good season. Their whole momentum has been destroyed, lost the management team, and some key players, They are a sell all day for me, and could even 'do a Brighton' from last season after previous good campaigns.

The Post tip them 2pts e/w @ 12/1. Not for me Clive.

Stumpy Tim

I think both Leeds and Reading will do better, maybe a lot better than that list though I agree with them Bristol City could do well. Derby and Boro could run away with the top two places.

Actually I think Reading could be a surprise struggler this season, and Derby are an unknown entity as their manager is new to this. Boro should do well, though maybe the pressure will get to them.

In truth, predicting the Championship is a mugs game

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tipped Bournemouth as dark horses last year, going for Sheffield Wednesday this season.

I have no idea where we will finish though. Really hard call.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Too right Stumpy. Lg 1 probably easier...and can dismal Portsmouth, favourites for Lg 2 for the third year in a row, finally stop everyone laughing at them?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Actually I think Reading could be a surprise struggler this season, and Derby are an unknown entity as their manager is new to this. Boro should do well, though maybe the pressure will get to them.

In truth, predicting the Championship is a mugs game

The last ante post favs to win it were Man Citeh.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I can only imagine that they put the names in a hat and drew them out randomly because they obviously have not looked at it from a footballing perspective

To be honest, isn't that basically how the Championship works out anyway. There's usually one team that runs away with it, a strong second team that's never really going to catch to the front runner, and the rest is just pot luck!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As this thread shows, it is such a good league to be in - a lot of big clubs with good support and history, many trying to recreate former glories. Unpredictable, fiercely contested, and with a huge prize.

I just don't know why it doesn't get more coverage in the written media. It is pretty much only the Sun and Mirror that do it properly now for Monday's papers, the Sundays are a bit better (Sun, Sun Mirror, People are the best). The broadsheets are pathetic, it's the odd game at best.

The new Football League Tonight show on Five on Saturdays will I think be very good though - George Riley and Kelly Cates both know their stuff.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think we will do very well this year, that's because I'm a short sighted supporter who won't have a bad word said against my team and I think Derby will struggle....just because I don't like them.
Rotherham, Preston, MK dons and Brentford will really struggle this coming season and Wednesday:lolol: will still find the onion bag hard to find.
Boro, QPR, Wolves, Ipswich, Hull and ourselves will be the ones to watch...dark horse, Bolton.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tipped Bournemouth as dark horses last year, going for Sheffield Wednesday this season.

I have no idea where we will finish though. Really hard call.

Yes I was going to say this. I fancy Weds at least top 10 - they've done some great business. Would put them higher than both those predicted tables. Pretty confident we won't be in another relegation scrap, but won't be near the top either...

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
I don't why everyone is saying Brentford will have such a good season. Their whole momentum has been destroyed, lost the management team, and some key players, They are a sell all day for me, and could even 'do a Brighton' from last season after previous good campaigns.

Agree with this, Brentford are going to sink this season.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I think you can add Bristol City to the list of potential relegation candidates. They only have something like 17 first team players on the books and have lost four players and only signed one (a striker). Cotterill is playing the waiting game in order to get better value on his new recruitments and has so far missed out on his targets. If they don't hit the ground running then I can see them struggle. Perhaps the revamp of Ashton Gate is proving a financial distraction.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I'm not saying that we won't still go on to get relegated, but these predictions are based on July squads that are far from finalised and so are utterly meaningless.

#twots

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
View attachment 67523

Realistically I'd swap around Brighton and Preston, QPR and Birmigham and also IMO wolves should be nowhere near that top spot ???
Not the specific thread I was looking for, but nevertheless how are 442 doing at the halfway(ish) mark?

1.Middlesbrough
2.Derby
3.Hull
4.Brighton
5.Burnley
6.Ipswich
7.Sheff Wed
8.Birmingham
9.Cardiff
10.Brentford
11.Wolves
12.Reading
13.Leeds
14.Nottm Forest
15.Preston
16.QPR
17.Blackburn
18.Huddersfield
19.Fulham
20.MK Dons
21.Rotherham
22.Bristol City
23.Charlton
24.Bolton

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can only conclude that 442 aren't great at predictions

Actually, if they swapped just a couple round, they wouldn't be too far off.

Brighton was a really strange one though. Yes, we'd had a poor season but we had a rookie manager, a side packed with loanees and several long-term injuries - despite this, we weren't hammered in many games. This season we had better recruitment and an experienced manager: it's fair enough not to predict us in the top four but we were clearly going to be top half. They just didn't think that through

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Actually, if they swapped just a couple round, they wouldn't be too far off.

Brighton was a really strange one though. Yes, we'd had a poor season but we had a rookie manager, a side packed with loanees and several long-term injuries - despite this, we weren't hammered in many games. This season we had better recruitment and an experienced manager: it's fair enough not to predict us in the top four but we were clearly going to be top half. They just didn't think that through

Thought wolves at the top seemed an odd one too

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thought wolves at the top seemed an odd one too

Very true. I thought Wolves would be strong this season and maybe a bet for the Playoffs but it did appear bizarre to put them top.

Having said that, we could look at Premier League predictions that probably had Leicester down and Chelsea top

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here