Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Four years ago today...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No you're quite right. I'm sure if I spend 15 mins trawling through that thread I'll see comments from Jimmy Grimble telling everyone Mac Allister would win a World Cup and take Brighton to 6th in the table.

Not from you though. You couldn't find Brighton on a map when that was being written.
Not being able to accurately predict the exact scenario is not the same as saying "stop signing players from monkeyball leagues / sack the recruitment team / replace Tony Bloom with someone like me" (or whatever THPP wrote in the quoted comment) as soon as a player is signed and a few games are lost.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not being able to accurately predict the exact scenario is not the same as saying "stop signing players from monkeyball leagues / sack the recruitment team / replace Tony Bloom with someone like me" (or whatever THPP wrote in the quoted comment) as soon as a player is signed and a few games are lost.
You've not even read it :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This place is really weird sometimes. Can people please stop being twats to each other, just to prove a trivial point?

Don't worry, I know it will never happen because the main protagonists are so bloody stubborn 🤣🤦‍♂️

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And amusing it certainly is, with the benefit of a whole heap of hindsight.

But that was the season that we were literally one game from relegation and signing dross like Locadia and Jahanbaksh. We needed Palace (of all teams) to do us a favour at Cardiff (of all teams) to stay up.
...................and bearing in mind we only stayed up by the skin of our teeth that season, and who we finished just two points above, we probably needed even more the tragedy that happened to poor Emiliano Sala.
We were about as lucky as Villa staying up because someone forgot to switch the goal-line technology on.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This place is really weird sometimes. Can people please stop being twats to each other, just to prove a trivial point?

Don't worry, I know it will never happen because the main protagonists are so bloody stubborn 🤣🤦‍♂️
What are you proposing?

We make calm and rational points in a civilized manner, while being considerate of differing opinions.

1674628813947.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you haven’t made a twattish comment about a player, a manager or the recruitment team at some stage, and ended up looking a bit of a mug then NSC is probably not the place for you, you must be so clued up and wise that you could almost certainly get yourself a job as a league manager. :wink:

This place positively thrives on twattishness, wouldn’t have it any other way personally

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If you haven’t made a twattish comment about a player, a manager or the recruitment team at some stage, and ended up looking a bit of a mug then NSC is probably not the place for you, you must be so clued up and wise that you could almost certainly get yourself a job as a league manager. :wink:

This place positively thrives on twattishness, wouldn’t have it any other way personally
I definitely have posts in my history saying Gross is over the hill, too slow, can't take a corner and that we should bin him.

Literally last week I posted about how he's been our best AMEX era signing and how he'd be captain were it not for some donkey called Dunk.

As you say, we're all half-wits from time to time.

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here