Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Four minutes added time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone think Pawson, otherwise awful, decided he wasn’t going to let Bournemouth have all the time they’d “banked” with their time-wasting?

What with their horrible tactics, the numerous substitutions and the goal surely there should have been six or seven minutes, at the very least.

He got a lot wrong today but it felt like some common sense prevailed when just the four minutes was shown on the board.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I was just about to post the same thing. Assuming he didn't take pity on us having to play all the injury time, then 4 minutes was absolutely scandalous. Incompetence of the highest order - I simply don't understand how these useless turds are so hopeless at dealing with time wasting - as I've often said it's the easiest part of their job. He was also pretty useless throughout and almost cost us a goal when he was the only one in the entire stadium not to spot the shove on the half way line.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I think it was a penalty too and MacAllister’s one vs Liverpool was also a foul. They both should’ve been given to be honest.

Needed that bit of luck today in a very average performance. But a home win to nil is absolutely terrific!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I was just about to post the same thing. Assuming he didn't take pity on us having to play all the injury time, then 4 minutes was absolutely scandalous. Incompetence of the highest order - I simply don't understand how these useless turds are so hopeless at dealing with time wasting - as I've often said it's the easiest part of their job. He was also pretty useless throughout and almost cost us a goal when he was the only one in the entire stadium not to spot the shove on the half way line.
Pawson was cnt throughout.

Falling for every semi-dive, allowing 30 seconds per Bmuff free kick, a minute per Bmuff goal kick, subs pigeon stepping off, THAT UNPUNISHED PUSH by the dugouts almost leading to a win to Bmuff, protecting their goalie, not yellow carding diving.

It wasn’t a foul on Veltman in honesty. He was very theatrical about a very minor touch to his back and threw himself to ground. If there’s a replay on MotD later it will show this from what was on the online streams

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It wasn’t a foul on Veltman in honesty. He was very theatrical about a very minor touch to his back and threw himself to ground. If there’s a replay on MotD later it will show this from what was on the online streams
It was a blatant push in the back.

99/100 officials in the modern game give a free kick.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think he got much wrong in terms of fouls - they were going to ground easily, so were we.

But he had no control over their time wasting, only two minutes added on in the first half, too, so I'm sure he genuinely thought 4 minutes was fine.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone think Pawson, otherwise awful, decided he wasn’t going to let Bournemouth have all the time they’d “banked” with their time-wasting?

What with their horrible tactics, the numerous substitutions and the goal surely there should have been six or seven minutes, at the very least.

He got a lot wrong today but it felt like some common sense prevailed when just the four minutes was shown on the board.
But he pointed and his watch a lot to the crowd - no need to book them or even talk to them - genius of a man.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I predicted six, and I think we would’ve got them if the scores were level. Thought Pawson had a decent game overall - we were lucky with the penalty in my opinion.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It was a big 6 performance without a big 6 team to benefit, utterly atrocious reffing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here