Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four managers in 20 months.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
1. Not the mark of a club that gives a manager a lot of all round backing.
2. A selling club that doesn't re-invest in players.
3. What manager,other than a desperate one would want the job?
4. Fans that turn on the manager after a couple of months.A chairman with short arms and long pockets and a playing staff with little heart or ability.
5.As I say.Someone desperate will take it,but no chance of getting a quality candidate.

Taking each point in turn:-
1 - I disagree, I think Bloom has shown restraint in his dealings with our managers. Gus got himself fired, Oscar and SH quit, so it's not like he's the new 'Deadly Doug' or anything.
2 - We invested to a degree but I doubt you will find many that think we've done a good job, so I agree
3 - I think a lot of managers would want the job. Our budget is good, without being excessive since Bloom will spend as much as FFP will allow, we have a very decent stadium and training facilities, 25k supporting every home game and a very lively away support
4 - We have 25k+ going to the home games now, with that amount of fans you are always gonna get some who will bitch and moan, I remember some chap infront of me at Withdean who didn't stop moaning game after game even when we were winning back to back titles. Some people are just wired that way and any manager worth their salt understands this as SH proved today when he was very complimentary about the fans.
5 - Totally disagree here, I think a number of decent candidates will apply. We might not attract the old fashioned manager who wants to run everything (Pulis/Redknapp etc) but to be honest, FFP kind of prevents that anyway. There are plenty of other decent managers who would gladly take up the reins not least because I think it's obvious we are under-performing and it's a good opportunity for an organised and experienced manager to add saving Brighton from relegation to their footballing CV.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not the mark of a club that gives a manager a lot of all round backing.
A selling club that doesn't re-invest in players.
What manager,other than a desperate one would want the job?
Fans that turn on the manager after a couple of months.A chairman with short arms and long pockets and a playing staff with little heart or ability.
As I say.Someone desperate will take it,but no chance of getting a quality candidate.

Ha Ha, he's funny for a troll......Can we keep him

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Of course I'm an Albion fan.
Sami may not have been sacked,but he was hounded out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here