Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four games to save his job?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Don't want to wait another 4 games to find out - get him out right now - and take the other problems with him - Jones, Barber and Burke.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need a new manager in ASAP, Hyypia has lost the dressing room and Millwall is a massive game. Under his management we'll get a draw at best.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Millwall 20th
Wolves 13th
Reading 14th
Fulham 18th

Great chance to get some wins under our belts. All winnable in my view.

A new manager could come in and win all four but can Sami?

A loss on Friday night must surely see him go.

I'd love to say that was realistic but can't see it. Don't think Bloom will sack Sami now (although no idea why not) so where does that leave us. A loss to Millwall and a Rotherham win at the weekend and we'll be four or five points from safety!

I doubt he'll learn assume he'll start JFC and Gardner together in midfield on Friday!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A difficult one for Tony, stick or twist. Personally I can't see us getting more than 5 points from the 12 on current form and we need more. That said, not sure that Tony would want to accept the scenario and acknowledge that a change is needed. That leads to WHO? Not sure there is anyone free (if they ARE free then why?) who would take this situation on.
Sure going to be a fun period, will be shouting behind the team at all four in hope!

Nil desperandum, this is supporting Brighton folks! All good fun.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
You must be having a laugh surely. Everyone knows that we have to win Friday otherwise we may be 5 points behind Millwall if they take the points. Can anyone see us getting those 3 points because I can't see us winning another game under Hyypia. Holloway will have them wound right up and with a fairly large following behind the South goal Millwall will fancy their chances of nicking it. You hear the odd person saying that they believe Sami will turn it round and get it right,Tony Bloom included - on what evidence are they basing this. It quite honestly is a joke. Interesting that Hyypia alluded to the fact that not all the players are giving their all and pulling in the same direction - well that's what happens when players lose faith and belief in the manager.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Four winnable games, that a new manager could get some momentum going within the team. Give Hyypia four more games and that could be the difference between someone getting us out of this mess and going down. He has to go now(well he had to go weeks ago) but now could still save our season. Four games time could be to late if we ended up going down by a point.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trouble is, failure to pick up points leaves you massively vulnerable to other teams results just when you don't need it. For example Blackpool are at home to Rotherham on 28th December and their match after that, on January 10th, is at home to Millwall. Assuming they don't show some sudden burst of form (they won yesterday) that could well be handing points to the two teams currently immediately above us, potentially leaving us a bit adrift of the pack. It certainly doesn't help.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Forget Sami. This is now about the number of games we have left to avoid relegation.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You must be having a laugh surely. Everyone knows that we have to win Friday otherwise we may be 5 points behind Millwall if they take the points. Can anyone see us getting those 3 points because I can't see us winning another game under Hyypia. Holloway will have them wound right up and with a fairly large following behind the South goal Millwall will fancy their chances of nicking it. You hear the odd person saying that they believe Sami will turn it round and get it right,Tony Bloom included - on what evidence are they basing this. It quite honestly is a joke. Interesting that Hyypia alluded to the fact that not all the players are giving their all and pulling in the same direction - well that's what happens when players lose faith and belief in the manager.

Totally agree. And the last bit happens when he keeps picking out of form players, chucking others in with the kids and playing a system that clearly doesn't get the best out of them...I would imagine the whole squad are split into little clicks and whispering in corners. This can only end in relegation, as it always does.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Mate of mine who was in the directors box at Fulham game said that Bloom and Barber were talking in the stands for over an hour after the match. Apparently Bloom goes to Australia after the Millwall game. So he reckoned Sami would be gone after Friday. Maybe as someone said he's agreed to stay on till then so they had time to sort a replacement. Could explain the tone of his interview yesterday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here