Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Found A Wallet

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Answer to this thread is simple. You should do whatever you would want someone else to do if they found your wallet. Otherwise it makes you a c**t.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
My daughter found one last week on a kids ride in South Mims service station, bundles of cash and many debit/credit cards. I handed it is to the nearby Starbucks straight away and informed a police officer in a car outside as i left the building. Didn't even cross my mind to do anything else to be honest.

my daughter found one last week on a kids ride in south mims service station, bundles of cash and many debit/credit cards. I handed it is to the nearby starbucks straight away and informed a police officer in a car outside as i left the building. Didn't even cross my mind to do anything else to be honest.

Well thats that wallet gone then:facepalm:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I've lost my wallet twice & thankfully got it back (contents included) each time.

1st time, I'd left it in London but got a call at work the next day thanks to the business card in it - a colleague was heading up, so I sent him along with a nice bottle of wine to collect it for me.
2nd time, (in London again) I left it in a cab & got a call from the cabbie that afternoon - he dropped it off where I was too. He wouldn't take the £20 I offered as a thank you, but asked that I donated it to Amnesty International (I did of course).

I've only ever found 1 wallet (returned it intact to its owner), so I am still in debt to the karma gods!

Getting it back to the owner ASAP is the only answer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Finders keepers. Clear him out, should teach him for the future to be more careful.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I'd start a thread about being an old boy who has lost my wallet and can't get home to the West Country.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Last time I found a wallet, the driving licence gave an address in Southampton. So I put it on the net, phoned the home number I found, spoke to the parents of the owner who met me at work to get it back.

The fact she was a stunningly beautiful young female was irrelevant.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Last time I found a wallet, the driving licence gave an address in Southampton. So I put it on the net, phoned the home number I found, spoke to the parents of the owner who met me at work to get it back.

The fact she was a stunningly beautiful young female was irrelevant.

And so why did you meet with the PARENTS? :facepalm:

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
What would you want to happen if it was you father/grandfather?
Especially as the poor old sod has gone and put the PIN numbers on his card! In the wrong hands a lot of damage could be done to the poor old boy.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Check the balance on one card, then send him the wallet back with a note advising of the balance and poor security in leaving his pin details with cards.

Hopefully if he ever looses wallet in future he will do so, and not be liable to be cleaned out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stay true to your username and dangle your willy in the wallet a bit, it's your calling card and will help him identify you as the wallet finder when he next logs onto NSC.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Cue an Earnest thread " lost my wallet today and the thieving ******* helped himself to x amount but told me it contained just £70" :)

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
This didn't really happen, did it? All seems a bit too convenient.

For what it's worth, I would have been a bass-turd and pocketed the cash. But when I lost my own wallet near Brighton station last summer, it was found and returned by an anonymous member of public, for which I'm very grateful. It means that from now on if I come across someone's valuables, I'd do the decent thing and hand it all back.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Check his bank balance, print out a balance receipt and send it back ( along with wallet and contents ) to highlite how silly he is to have his pin numbers freely available.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I found one the other day and after a quick search of the wallet for cash, ahem, details, promptly informed and returned said wallet to owner. Teenage prick never even said thanks.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Never was contemplating anything but getting it back to him, it just crossed my mind what I could do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here