Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fouls on Follow Throughs

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
A foul being given against the player who has just played the ball but whose foot then strikes an opponent on the follow through seems weird to me. The opponent is often late or has failed to make the tackle. Kulusevski last night is late, runs into Dunk’s follow through and gets hurt. His own fault. There is no intent with such a challenge. Lewis gets an unjust yellow but people are talking red. Madness. Or is it me that’s weird?!:unsure:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s clearly a yellow. Didn’t help that Lewis lost control of the ball either

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A foul being given against the player who has just played the ball but whose foot then strikes an opponent on the follow through seems weird to me. The opponent is often late or has failed to make the tackle. Kulusevski last night is late, runs into Dunk’s follow through and gets hurt. His own fault. There is no intent with such a challenge. Lewis gets an unjust yellow but people are talking red. Madness. Or is it me that’s weird?!:unsure:
It's odd insomuch if Kulusevski had his foot slightly raised by a few cm's he would be considered the one blocking Dunk's foot and the result a freekick to us and a booking for him.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
The ref gave the yellow card ages after the incident. He didn't give it in real time. VAR presumably considered if it should be red and said not. VAR cannot suggest a yellow card. So why did the ref then choose to give a yellow ?? If they hadn't scored and play had been continuing he wouldn't have done so.
I think the ref saw nothing wrong and then was influenced simply by the fact that VAR was looking at it, which is not how it's supposed to work.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The ref gave the yellow card ages after the incident. He didn't give it in real time. VAR presumably considered if it should be red and said not. VAR cannot suggest a yellow card. So why did the ref then choose to give a yellow ?? If they hadn't scored and play had been continuing he wouldn't have done so.
I think the ref saw nothing wrong and then was influenced simply by the fact that VAR was looking at it, which is not how it's supposed to work.
Because they’re corrupt towards the big 6 and always will be. Also, why did he take a good 30 secs or so watching the Welbeck pen over and over - it was the clearest clear and obvious error going - he was looking a a way he can not give it all that time I pretty much guarantee that. Also, why the hell hasn’t he given it on the pitch when he still has a handful of Welbecks shirt when he’s going for the ball - must have seen it surely. The ref was absolutely shite and nobody should forget it just cos we won easily…

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I doubt that VAR had anything to do with it. Most likely the linesman, who was 10 yards away from the tackle, had a word through his earpiece.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I doubt that VAR had anything to do with it. Most likely the linesman, who was 10 yards away from the tackle, had a word through his earpiece.
Most likely - especially as that lino had everything else right (three offsides) - although missed the shirt pull, but I can see why with that number of bodies between him and Welbeck.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No chance it was the Lino. Defo VAR it was ages after
Well yes the next break in play after the incident was a fair while after. So you could say he booked him at the first available opportunity.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I remember a game where somebody I was playing with followed through whilst trying to get to a header (Buckingham park if I remember rightly although a couple of NSCers will no doubt confirm).

It was pretty foul :down:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I can't understand Dunk's yellow . To me it looked a strong but fair challenge after he mis controlled. If anything I thought the Spurs player committed the foul.
He mis-controlled the ball, had to stretch - and made sure the Spurs player was not going to pass him. I can see why he got a yellow really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here