Was it a foul on Webster ??

• Yes

Votes: 92 60.9%
  • No

Votes: 59 39.1%

• Total voters

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
If it was Welbeck on a Manchester defender that would have been a foul and a booking to Welbeck. This way around its fine though, that seems to be the rules.
If Webster had been strong in that challenge, Haaland would have gone down like a whore getting some cock and Webster would be off. It was a lose-lose situation for us.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
If it was Welbeck on a Manchester defender that would have been a foul and a booking to Welbeck. This way around its fine though, that seems to be the rules.
If Webster had been strong in that challenge, Haaland would have gone down like a whore getting some cock and Webster would be off. It was a lose-lose situation for us.
Didn’t City have a player sent off against us at Amex for a foul on Welbeck in a similar situation?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Haaland was running at full pelt when he clashed with Webster, it was his momentum that sent Webster tumbling.

No foul there.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Similar but was clearer that Cancelo dragged Welbeck down rather than shoulder to shoulder or a push.
I think we were lucky Webster didn’t do the same, perhaps it was in Websters mind that he didn’t want to commit the foul when they came together hence being out muscled ?
I think if it were Dunk in the same situation, he would have brought Haaland down and we would be down to 10 men

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Both running toward each other and Haaland was faster andvslightly behind Webster as he came across him. He did what most of us have done when running into someone. He put his arms up to cushion the impact. He was heavier and moving faster than Webster and at a more direct angle.
Not a foul on my opinion.

ROBS BROTHER

Jan 27, 2022
View attachment 153028

Point of contact.

We need to see less of these given as fouls so I'm fine with it. Haaland has nowhere else to go as Webster is coming across him.
There is nothing wrong with a fair shoulder charge. At least that was what I was brought up to believe. What I object to is where one player uses both hands to push his opponent whether it be in the front or from behind and present day referees seem to think its fair game. I can't help but remember Tarkowski's push on Maupay which led to Burnley scoring and our esteemed Geordie friend Sheareer thought "that's how you do it"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Looked fair to me. I don’t think any defender in the Premier League would have fared any better.

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
100% a foul, haaland pushes Webster off the ball. If that’s one of our players going through (unlikely I know) it deffo gets given as a foul. Ref was poor all day

Jimmy Grimble

In the meantime, if someone could explain Sanchez and Dunk’s role in this it would be appreciated. I’m not sure they knew what they were meant to be doing.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Not a foul. He was simply too strong for Webster.
So someone has to be built like giant to defend against Haaland otherwise they are light weight.A fair shoulder to shoulder is next to each other while running,can you imagine Lamptey getting that treatment from him.It was a foul imo.Mind I would have an issue with Sanchez quarter way up the pitch.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
So someone has to be built like giant to defend against Haaland otherwise they are light weight.A fair shoulder to shoulder is next to each other while running,can you imagine Lamptey getting that treatment from him.It was a foul imo.Mind I would have an issue with Sanchez quarter way up the pitch.
Weird thing is, if it were Lamptey, I think it would have been given as a foul !

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Don't think Webster appealed - which would imply it wasn't a foul.
Why is this old chestnut rolled out time and again ,players can't win, if they roll about they are cheats and if they don't appeal and bang the ground and get in the officials face it's a defo fair tackle .Its the officials job not the player who should decide regardless off theatricals or not .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here