Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forty years ago today

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Not me. I stayed at school for that one, I remember you going though and how pissed off you were the next day. How little we knew what was to come a few days later (but I missed that too, I was working at my Saturday job). Until 1997, this was probably my worst week as a Brighton supporter.

What made worst is that TTF and I went on one of the educational cruises a week later and had to endure a lot of grief from fellow travellers when they found we were Brighton fans

Better memory than me Max. Trying to rack my brain to think who I went with then? Must have been young Childs. The 8-2 was a bigger shocker and that was second worst nadir of the past 40 years. Trying to remember what was the worst nadir?

TNBA

TTF

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'll be posting footage from this game tomorrow... Be warned!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was completely unaware of the existence of BHA 40 years ago today :blush:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I really think this was my greatest low in terms of a match result. Hammered by a non league outfit. Walton weren't even lucky.

I was at the 0-0 at their place and we could have lost that ! - wish we had really.
6500 at that match, but I'm guessing you couldn't tell how many Albion went up due to lack of segregation (and goals!)
walton2.jpg

I'll be posting footage from this game tomorrow... Be warned!
http://thegoldstonewrap.com/2013/11/29/1973-brighton-0-4-walton-hersham-albions-worst-fa-cup-defeat/

Took the afternoon off shcool for that one:facepalm:
That's a hidden gem! Was it a spelling test you missed, by any chance?:)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here