Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fort Lauderdale shooting

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Hopefully, that's just a 'Friday night' throw away comment if not you need to have a serious word with yourself. As much as I dislike Trump or any other politician who I find repulsive/disagree with, wishing them dead is and should be a step to far.

Ahem!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's not a racist IMO. He's an opportunist and rabble-rouser but I don't think he means what he says.

Agree with this. He says anything he thinks will get him support. He tapped into the feeling of a huge sector of Americans and used big, meaningless rhetoric to whip them up into voting for him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
White supremacist or an act of terror which has nothing to do with the worlds most peaceful religion.
Have those Irish Catholics stopped raping children and gone back to killing?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Agree with this. He says anything he thinks will get him support. He tapped into the feeling of a huge sector of Americans and used big, meaningless rhetoric to whip them up into voting for him.

He certainly pushed all the populist buttons. But he is in danger of delivering on the rhetoric .... repealing Obama care *tick*, blocking Republicans attempt to reduce democratic oversight of the elite *tick* and prioritising car building in the US rather than cheap labour in Mexico *tick*.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He certainly pushed all the populist buttons. But he is in danger of delivering on the rhetoric .... repealing Obama care *tick*, blocking Republicans attempt to reduce democratic oversight of the elite *tick* and prioritising car building in the US rather than cheap labour in Mexico *tick*.

Yep, he'll do some ground up damage I'm sure.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Never mind all the bitchin bout Trump you idiots, focus on the real story here: a man, airside is perfectly entitled to carry a machine gun around! Jesus Christ, I'm not sure I want to holiday in America anymore. Lots of people have guns. Check. Lots of people with guns are loons. Check. The government wants to INCREASE the number of public areas it's ok to carry guns. CHECK!!

Cannot make this stuff up. Unbelievable.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hopefully, that's just a 'Friday night' throw away comment if not you need to have a serious word with yourself. As much as I dislike Trump or any other politician who I find repulsive/disagree with, wishing them dead is and should be a step to far.

It was, to a certain extent, but i am convinced that the man is dangerous, it may well turn out ok, but to have him as the most powerful man in the world who's actions could affect this country, so if he was taken out I would not lose too much sleep over it.
Unfortunately in America if you are going to stand for President and win you have to accept that there is a reasonable chance you are going get shot at, he wont be the first or the last.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It was, to a certain extent, but i am convinced that the man is dangerous, it may well turn out ok, but to have him as the most powerful man in the world who's actions could affect this country, so if he was taken out I would not lose too much sleep over it.
Unfortunately in America if you are going to stand for President and win you have to accept that there is a reasonable chance you are going get shot at, he wont be the first or the last.

The problem you have there is that Trump is not an idealogue and so is unlikely to make big fundamental changes that are unpopular and this holds him back from the excesses that he hints and promises in his bombastic speeches. If, however, he gets assassinated then Mike Pence becomes President and that man is a fundamentalist Christian, a creationist, an outspoken opponent of gay rights, anti-abortionist and all that goes with it. Seriously, we really don't want Pence as President.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He's not a racist IMO. He's an opportunist and rabble-rouser but I don't think he means what he says.

That he may do so not out of belief but for the "opportunity" of power may be grounds for a doubtless fascinating, but ultimately irrelevant, debate. His actions create and support racial hatred and xenophobia.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Broward County Commissioner Chip LaMarca wrote on Facebook that the gunman had arrived on a flight from Canada with a gun checked into his luggage.'

:facepalm:

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
'Broward County Commissioner Chip LaMarca wrote on Facebook that the gunman had arrived on a flight from Canada with a gun checked into his luggage.'

Apparently not. https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/01/06/gunshots-reported-at-fort-lauderdale-airport.html

"A statement from a Florida official that the shooter had arrived on an Air Canada flight sent officials in Ottawa scrambling Friday afternoon, but a spokeswoman with the Canadian Embassy in Washington said there was no Canadian involvement and that officials had confirmed to her that the shooter flew in from Alaska."

“We understand from officials he was on a flight originating in Anchorage, transiting through Minneapolis and landing in Ft. Lauderdale,” embassy spokeswoman Christine Constantin said.

"Global Affairs Canada also said the flight on which Fort Lauderdale airport suspect arrived did not originate in Canada nor was a Canadian carrier involved."

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
That he may do so not out of belief but for the "opportunity" of power may be grounds for a doubtless fascinating, but ultimately irrelevant, debate. His actions create and support racial hatred and xenophobia.

In your dreams maybe, its been the left race baiting with identity politics all the way

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope

Also at https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...e-airport.html
"It is legal for airline passengers to travel with guns and ammunition as long as the firearms are put in a checked bag — not a carry-on — and are unloaded and locked in a hard-sided container. Guns must be declared to the airline at check-in."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently not. https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/01/06/gunshots-reported-at-fort-lauderdale-airport.html

"A statement from a Florida official that the shooter had arrived on an Air Canada flight sent officials in Ottawa scrambling Friday afternoon, but a spokeswoman with the Canadian Embassy in Washington said there was no Canadian involvement and that officials had confirmed to her that the shooter flew in from Alaska."

“We understand from officials he was on a flight originating in Anchorage, transiting through Minneapolis and landing in Ft. Lauderdale,” embassy spokeswoman Christine Constantin said.

"Global Affairs Canada also said the flight on which Fort Lauderdale airport suspect arrived did not originate in Canada nor was a Canadian carrier involved."

Fair enough. But the key point remains unaltered.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmmmm.
History being rewritten so soon :shrug:

So you think its OK for a party to use immigration to stack the vote? Or the other party that decides to put a stop to it can be smeared as racist is OK?

btw

Shooter is a Muslim convert apparently.

C1haUIuXcAEDmrP.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
All the usual crass comments from American TV reporters and commentators offering their thoughts and prayers to the victims families - they don't need your 'thoughts and prayers', what they need is gun control legislation to stop this happening over and over again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here