Forster

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
you better hope one of the other teams in the bottom four don't offer him a better deal he might be old but he doe's seem to know where the back of the net is

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Give over. You're talking like the bloke is Cantona. He's an aging League One pro who has been put well and truly in his place by the manager after taking the piss, and then thrown his toys out of the pram like a teenager.

If there were ten more cases like this, I might begin to think there was something wrong with Gus's people skills. Until then, it's a manager doing what he has to do, stamping his authority on the team.

He was right to drop Forster for the match, and any comments afterwards should be taken in the context of a bloke who has just been robbed of two precious points by a c**t of a referee. He hasn't then got time to be fair to someone who wasn't even playing (and had to all intents and purposes made himself unavailable for selection).

I'm very disappointed in Forster. He hasn't done half of what Poyet has in the game at the top level, who the **** does he think he is.

Why was he taking the piss ? You dont know that. If the past is anything to go on concerning contract negotiations at the club then I might just understand why Forster has got shirty. He is also the ''Aging pro'' that has kept us in this division and hopefully can do it again but I doubt it know somehow.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
it will all be sorted out this week I reckon in a kiss and make up sort of way and anyway he can't go on loan unless the club agree which means we decide where

remember also that the receiving club have to pay at least 50% of his salary under league rules which - if half the bullshit on here is true - will be beyond many clubs in the lower reaches of league 1 (it's why Livermore couldn't be packed off on loan)

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
A fixed term contract means and that nobody has to give you another one if they don't want to but you still have to perfom the contract you have signed, or does this rule not apply to footballers? Well done Poyet and the club. Sorry to those that want to hero worship payers, but I don't see much to hero worship. As for Murray, well a very good third division player but again is he worth it after the issues the Albion have had to put up with at the start of the season? Although fair play he does seem to have knuckled down and maybe those tough times are behind him. If not then if TB wants to spend money then off load as well and bring in forwards with pace. Dickinson, well who was the Einstein thought he was worth £300K with his first touch? One look at him and you can tell his control is lacking and the ball bounces off him 5 yards. He is also slow. Shame really as his attitude and work rate are spot on. Virgo and Elphick are also too slow. Our team is so slow at the back and up front. How on earth Adams and Slade spent a small fortune to end with a squad this bad beggars belief.. and I bet they think they know better than the punters as they are "football people" as well !:laugh: I don't envy Poyet he has a right mess to sort out

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Whatever the circumstances of the team bus/transfer request rumours Nicky Forster is one of our best players. Without him I fear for our future in this division. Murray is the only other goalscorer we have. Dickenson, however hard he works, is just no good. I have no idea about Holdroyd and Davies is clearly not good enough at this level. Where are the goals to keep us in the league going to come from. How much will relegation cost us? Are we cutting off our noses to spite our faces? This needs to be sorted out quickly. If we had Nicky in the team on Saturday we would have won the game - no doubt.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Get a grip, Forster is in the wrong here, not the club.

Utter crap. Why is it that everyone seems to have taken one side or another. Both parties are in the wrong. The club shouldn't tell players they are not discussing contracts then happily announce they have extended El Abd's. Forster should have kept his misgivings to himself and the negotiations remain behind close doors. It is irrelevant regarding knowing which division we are playing in next year as any contract could include clauses to alter the terms if we get relegated.

Unfortunately, I don't see any leadership here as both parties are digging their heels in. Stubborness is not a good quality.

If Poyet is seriously thinking about building a team for the next 3-4 years with the hope of taking it into a higher league then naturally he's not going to be considering a 36 y/o player vital to his plans when putting together that side.

Forster has been great for us in his time here, BUT, it would be irresponsible of the club to be tying him into a long term contract.

Offering him 1 year contracts at this stage of his career shouldnt be seen as snubbing him, more as offering him the chance to still play and prove himself.

Exactly where has it been stated that Forster is seeking a long term deal? I don't think anyone has suggested he is looking for more than 1, maybe 2 years. At his age, the second year would probably be dependent on performance during the first anyway.

As quick as it started so it finished and was not heard again.

Somebody suggested on another thread that NF is on £8k per week which is rather suprising because in yesterdays tabloids they said that Victor Moses wages had risen from £3k to £18k per week when he signed for Wigan so it seems odd that we would pay more than Palace who are in The Championship and have better gates than we do. League rules stipulate that the wage bill can only be a certain % of the income generated.

Where exactly is this rule about a wage cap then! There are targets but as far as I am aware, there is no rule of law under the league. Bloom can pay what he likes out of his money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports