Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster Caskey

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Are we going to have this after game this season?

He is young and is doing incredibly well to hold his place. He makes mistakes like any young player but I believe long term he will be a quality player.

More importantly so does the England U21 manager and Sami Hyypia.

Get off his back.

Perfectly put. End of thread.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Are we going to have this after game this season?

He is young and is doing incredibly well to hold his place. He makes mistakes like any young player but I believe long term he will be a quality player.

More importantly so does the England U21 manager and Sami Hyypia.

Get off his back.

Well said, its getting pretty pathetic now. I said in another thread we should be shouting about and praising a talented young player who has come through (for the most part) our youth teams not knocking him.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I remember similar threads about Lewis Dunk not so long ago. We are either serious about developing our young players, in which case we play them in first team matches and accept that they will make some mistakes as they learn, or we don't but then can't complain when we don't see our academy producing any results or selling off young players who go on to do great things at other clubs.

All that said, I'm sure that we'll see a fair bit of squad rotation through the season so these players will come and go and every time they are in the first team they know that they're there on merit rather than because of a lack of available players. They'll also know that they will have to work pretty hard to keep their place. All good, as far as I can see.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Luckily hyypia sees it different. He was competent but unspectacular today which given the job he is asked to do for the team is enough for me.
Don't get why some seem to want him to move on

I actually think everybody wants him to do well, but share my feeling that he hasn't progressed as we all hoped. Part of it is coaching, especially his dismal delivery of set plays - it's obvious to anyone who has played at any level why his corners are crap. His approach to the ball is all wrong, with the result that he strikes too far up it. He needs to practise, and not only at the training ground but at the Amex, where he actually has to deliver.

What amazes and worries me, as I've said before, is that this doesn't seem to be happening.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
JFC is an attacking midfielder who does not play in that position so we do not see the best of him.
As he showed at Swindon when he gets in advanced positions he knows how to wither score (penalty) or run across a defender to get and score another.
Does the job he is asked to do and does it well.
Cracking player.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I think he's been playing well and has earned his shirt. But I would like to see him playing in a more attacking role.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
he has been better than crofts so far this season
he does fall between 2 types of midfielder
not strong enough defensively not penetrative enough offensively
but he ticks things over gets lots of touches covers lots of ground
he has good technique and is young and local
obviously hasn't let Sami down he always in the team

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He isn't as bad as some make out but the excuse of 'he is young' is wearing a bit thin.

He has plenty of league experience and I think the frustration for many is his ability to push on and improve. He isn't a bad player and certainly wasn't our worst midfielder yesterday (Crofts). I think he needs to do more to effect the game and take his chance.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I've said before I think he has a good future. People are forgetting that he made his debut under Gus and since then he has started every season under a different manager with different systems. That has to be difficult for most of the players let alone a youngster making his way in the game. Sadly he has been designated the new whipping boy by the keyboard warriors.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
By far the weakest link in midfield so far this season. Was surprised he played yesterday given the options we now have. I wonder if being the poster boy of the Albion has any bearing on his selection??? One would hope not, but I must admit I was slightly surprised on arriving at the Amex and seeing JFC plastered all over the place at the start of the season. But we hadn't really made any signings at that stage. It's not very good from a marketing point of view, if the poster boy is sat on the bench.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Loads of them, including the young kids who IMHO would benefit from a spell out on loan

Any chance we can send 'fans' like you out on loan to another club. You sound like you need to gain experience in how to support your teams players and i'd question if your judgement on players is up to Championship level just yet so hopefully a loan spell to somewhere like Torquay is just what you need to bring you up to standard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here