Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster-Caskey Signs New Deal - The Midfield Solution We've Been Yearning For?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
SO... he signs a new deal.

I just wonder if this is the season he is ready to make the step-up and become a significant, game changing player for us. We know he has the ability from last season's cameos... I think the issue has been whether he has had the presence to make a stamp on the game, thus nailing his spot onto the team sheet.

apologies for mixed metaphors and also potential fixtures as the news was released yesterday.

i think the boys ready. who is liam trotter again?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
SO... he signs a new deal.

I just wonder if this is the season he is ready to make the step-up and become a significant, game changing player for us. We know he has the ability from last season's cameos... I think the issue has been whether he has had the presence to make a stamp on the game, thus nailing his spot onto the team sheet.

apologies for mixed metaphors and also potential fixtures as the news was released yesterday.

i think the boys ready. who is liam trotter again?

I have a couple of thoughts on this:

1. He will learn sooo much training and playing alongside Vicente (if he signs)
2. He will work well alongside Vicente (if he signs)

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I think I may have stated the obvious originally, but there is so much panic over midfield signings...

Indeed, if he is playing alongside vicente on the pitch/training... i am very optimistic for the lad's development. he has started off class and may well get classer. hopefully we class enough to start rubbing palace delusion about their 'top 3 in the world' academy or whatever cobblers they console their shite season and general degeneration with :)

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
TBH I'd rather play him than bring someone new in, in every thread about 'what type of players do we need' and so on I always miss out a CM as I think we have enough and JFC proved last season he has got what it takes, so I wouldnt be shocked if we only signed 3 more players a RB, LB and foward in this window.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He's a very good player but can lack consistency at times. I'd still like to see someone like Boyd or Dobbie at the club (wishful thinking perhaps)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No. I don't think he's ready. But the 7 sub rule is going to help, means Gus can give him some game time when we go a couple of goals up etc. I'd send him out on loan to a footballing team in League 1, MK Dons or someone, for the first half of the season and see how he does. Then bring him back and give him games when we can, and make Vicente (please hurry up and sign the contract) work with him in training as much as possible.

How good is he actually going to be do we think? From what I've seen he looks like he'll make a decent Championship player at least, but I get the impression Gus thinks he can go a bit higher than that.

Oct 25, 2003
the 7 sub thing will help him a lot to be honest.........there were SO many games last season where the game was either obviously lost or obviously won where he could've been given 10-20 mins here and there

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This could certainly be a breakthrough year for him. He can certainly add the energy we need and the ability to get ahead of the ball from midfield but the fact remains that we were over-run and bullied in midfield too many times last season and desperately need some height to complement Bridcutt.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Another very exciting close season piece of business. I agree with the fact that we need a bit more muscle in midfield but I think this is a temporary requirement until we really get our tika-tak going, then JFC will be crucial.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Will be interesting to see if any "new" signings will match Vicente and JFC. The two are both class and I agree that this could be the latter's breakthrough season. I think he's going to be a great impact sub for us and will almost be cover for when Vicente can't play. Assuming of course the great man signs/has signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here