Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster (and Mr Blooms thinking?)

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I agree with most on here that Forster should be given a new deal , but do you not think that by taking Forster of the wage bill, at an alleged 5/6K a week at 37, would be a good move, given that Bloom want us in the Championship when we move into Falmer.

We are going to have to offer strikers, that are going to get us, and Mr Bloom to the promised land, at least double that, so by taking Forster of the wage bill, we are half way there, perhaps just perhaps this is the thinking.

We are not going to go down this season, whatever the doom merchants say on here!

Up the Albion :falmer:

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
No he's not, but let's face it, the chances of him being on the wage bill, come the push for the Championship next season is slim. He's after a contract for next season and beyond, so perhaps that's the reason why they won't offer him a new deal?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I agree with most on here that Forster should be given a new deal , but do you not think that by taking Forster of the wage bill, at an alleged 5/6K a week at 37, would be a good move, given that Bloom want us in the Championship when we move into Falmer.

We are going to have to offer strikers, that are going to get us, and Mr Bloom to the promised land, at least double that, so by taking Forster of the wage bill, we are half way there, perhaps just perhaps this is the thinking.

We are not going to go down this season, whatever the doom merchants say on here!

Up the Albion :falmer:

I am just imagining all the Newcastle fans saying exactly the same thing, last season, we are not going down. I think we will survive but it is far from a foregone conclusion and we will be f***ed if there is any complacency within the club

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What nobody seems to consider is that Poyet may have spopken to an agent of a player whose contract expires in the summer and has lined up another Lambert or Barnard to take his place.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What nobody seems to consider is that Poyet may have spopken to an agent of a player whose contract expires in the summer and has lined up another Lambert or Barnard to take his place.

What, a quality striker who is going to get 25 goals a season in League 1 and higher and he is going to join a club that has been at the arse end of league 1 for the last two seasons!

First and foremost is that we stay in this division and your chances of doing that are to keep your existing top scorer. I've not seen anywhere that Forster is demandin two years so offer him a deal for just one. It's common sense.

Alternatively, the club maybe thinking relegation this season and we have a better opportunity of promotion next and going to Falmer in League 1 but on the crest of a promotion wave with the strong possibility of staying in the division. Get promoted to the Championship and staying in that division will be considerably harder and more expensive.

I have to say I no longer think this is a simple case of a clash of personalities but that the Club are orchestrating the situation to get rid of Forster. Put him in a position where he will react and dig a hole for himself.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What, a quality striker who is going to get 25 goals a season in League 1 and higher and he is going to join a club that has been at the arse end of league 1 for the last two seasons!

First and foremost is that we stay in this division and your chances of doing that are to keep your existing top scorer. I've not seen anywhere that Forster is demandin two years so offer him a deal for just one. It's common sense.

Alternatively, the club maybe thinking relegation this season and we have a better opportunity of promotion next and going to Falmer in League 1 but on the crest of a promotion wave with the strong possibility of staying in the division. Get promoted to the Championship and staying in that division will be considerably harder and more expensive.

I have to say I no longer think this is a simple case of a clash of personalities but that the Club are orchestrating the situation to get rid of Forster. Put him in a position where he will react and dig a hole for himself.

A bit Machiavellian isn't it Drew?I would certainly hope this is not the case.:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here