Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Formula 1 2019

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am wondering if we are seeing a changing of the guard in F1. Max blowing Lewis away in qualifying yesterday and having won two of the last three races. Interesting times, other young guns coming through but is Max about to prove a genuine challenge to Lewis for World Titles now?

Great for F1 that there is now real competition at the sharp end

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I am wondering if we are seeing a changing of the guard in F1. Max blowing Lewis away in qualifying yesterday and having won two of the last three races. Interesting times, other young guns coming through but is Max about to prove a genuine challenge to Lewis for World Titles now?

Great for F1 that there is now real competition at the sharp end
Possibly, but need more than a few good races to judge.

Definitely good for the racing though

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Quality from Mercedes and Hamilton.

Should Red Bull have put Max after Hamilton went on the mediums?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Brilliant race and masterstroke of strategy by Mercedes. Enjoyed that

I think Hamilton took the lead on his out lap in terms of Max pitting the next and he would have come out behind Lewis. Tough call

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Verstappen is very very close to getting the better of LH imo

Hamilton definitely had Verstappen in his pocket today and Max knew it, hence he wasn't that disappointed post race. He knew he was second best today. Lewis never let himself fall more that 2 seconds behind (apart from after the second stop obviously) and then Max knew he was toast once Mercedes pulled off a brilliant tactical pit stop. Tremendous drive from Lewis to keep it all together through the traffic, once he was in clean air the race was all but over.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton definitely had Verstappen in his pocket today and Max knew it, hence he wasn't that disappointed post race. He knew he was second best today. Lewis never let himself fall more that 2 seconds behind (apart from after the second stop obviously) and then Max knew he was toast once Mercedes pulled off a brilliant tactical pit stop. Tremendous drive from Lewis to keep it all together through the traffic, once he was in clean air the race was all but over.

Yep Lewis is still the king, but for how much longer?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Martin Brundle on SkyF1 was a tit today. On the first couple of corners where Hamilton and Bottas were involved in a very brief ding-dong battle, Brundle was literally screaming it played into Verstappen’s hands time wise. Giving him a 2 second lead FFS, with 190 miles to race. Pathetic hype.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Everyone says that, including on NSC. I’m the odd one out here, I love the Dutch and their (mouthy) passion for their sporting heroes.

Bloody sheep, all dressed in orange and sitting together getting over excited :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is Brundle the most overrated pundit in any sport?

He’s so frequently wrong and slow to realise things that are obvious even to me as a mere TV viewer.

I like him, especially his pithy comments when big egos with absolutely no F1 knowledge on on the grid walk have no idea who he is when he tries to interview them, and basically blank him.

Or maybe they agree that he’s an over rated plonker :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is Brundle the most overrated pundit in any sport?

He’s so frequently wrong and slow to realise things that are obvious even to me as a mere TV viewer.

Despite his lifetime in the sport, and us being just laymen without his gizmo’s, we seem to spot the key aspect of an incident whilst he’s still screaming. Is he trying hard to be a ‘character’.

He can be a merchant of doom too ... banging on about likely penalties adversely affecting Lewis, when they don’t actually materialise.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like him, especially his pithy comments when big egos with absolutely no F1 knowledge on on the grid walk have no idea who he is when he tries to interview them, and basically blank him.

That montage of grid interview incidents was good. Arrogant films stars and assorted other dicks, he wasn’t hurt by their pathetic snootiness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here