Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former famous footballers doing something a bit different these days

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone remember Ralph Coates? He played for England and turned up as my Sports and Leisure Secretary when I worked at GEC Avionics in Borehamwood as a student.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyone remember Ralph Coates? He played for England and turned up as my Sports and Leisure Secretary when I worked at GEC Avionics in Borehamwood as a student.

I most certainly do remember Ralph Coates, the winger with the combover, who played for Burnley and Spurs back in the seventies.

I've only just realised that he dies a few years ago.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sol Campbell is desperatly trying to become a politician.

i suppose for many its something to do as much as the money.

Stumpy Tim

A friend of mine in Reading had his BMW collected for a service by none other than Neil Webb. This chap played for England 26 times. Now he's collecting cars for service. That's a bit crap isn't it?

Anyone else come across a former footballer doing something a bit crap these days?
I played against him in 2001 or 2002. He was a right fat b#stard, but was clearly a million times better than anyone else there. He was working for a software company back then. Became a postman soon after I believe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I played against him in 2001 or 2002. He was a right fat b#stard, but was clearly a million times better than anyone else there. He was working for a software company back then. Became a postman soon after I believe

Cool. How did you get to play against him?

And he was looking pretty hefty in the photo my friend sent.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
A friend of mine in Reading had his BMW collected for a service by none other than Neil Webb. This chap played for England 26 times. Now he's collecting cars for service. That's a bit crap isn't it?

Anyone else come across a former footballer doing something a bit crap these days?

There's no end to you Tories contempt for the working classes is there..............when they are not working they are lazy, and even when they are working they are in jobs which are a bit crap.

An interesting thread no doubt, shame about your bigotry.

Shame being the operative word.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rohan's uncle Eric, (Young), is a solicitor in Slough. That certainly isn't a crap job, (although Slough is).

Apologies to any Slough residents who may be reading this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's no end to you Tories contempt for the working classes is there..............when they are not working they are lazy, and even when they are working they are in jobs which are a bit crap.

Er, what?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Gary Nelson was with the PFA, anyone know what he is doing now. A legendary goal scorer who (in my view) doesn't seem to get mentioned very much.

According to his twitter account, he is Group Head of Marketing at a company called AllClear Travel and Chairman of Leisure Link Golf

[TWEET]647418763281870849[/TWEET]

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Graham Mosely I think he a gardern now however I hope he learnt how to handle a hedge cutter now.

We had the pleasure of meeting him at a dinner a couple of years back, I'm sure he said he was doing some chauffeuring work, some taxi work and some lorry driving.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

I reckon you're a LOT of fun at parties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here