Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I found Gavin Geddes:
Wendell_Borton.png

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
David Yeldell - a loan goal keeper Mark McGhee signed, who we had for about 3 games. Thrown straight into a league match at Leeds on his debut without knowing any of his team mates but had a cracker of a game before fading into obscurity.
Not only that but played the first half (or maybe the whole game) in a pink goalie shirt. At Elland Rd of all places!!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Former England manager Howard Wilkinson.

And

Just in case he does look on this site, Mark Lawrenson, not a reminder for us though. We remember but the question is, does he?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Former England manager Howard Wilkinson.

And

Just in case he does look on this site, Mark Lawrenson, not a reminder for us though. We remember but the question is, does he?

The answer is emphatically YES.

Mark Lawrenson remembering playing for Brighton, in the 1980s:
"I loved Brighton as soon as I saw the place, bright, bustling and cosmopolitan, and the football club was on a high. They had just been promoted to the second division and everything was looking good... I defy anyone not to like living in Brighton. I could see myself staying there permanently long after my football career was over, that's how much I liked the place"
(The Autobiography)

Mark Lawrenson, remembering playing for Brighton, in the 1990s:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxHR7VQFppA

Mark Lawrenson remembering playing for Brighton, in the 2000s:
"Brighton was just so great. I'm sure everyone you've spoken to who went there has said the same thing. In terms of fun and everything it was just the best, apart from big Al occasionally going mental at us after games. It was a great time to be there with a great set of players and fantastic supporters."
(A Few Good Men, by Spencer Vignes)

Mark Lawrenson remembering playing for Brighton, in the 2010s:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmLnTj_701I

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Darren Carr- saw a video clip of him playing for Chesterfield,went up for a corner,pole axed one of the other teams centre half in mid air and then traded punches with the other in the back of the goal. Did he go on to be a heavyweight boxer or cage fighter!

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Darren Newman, Steve Jacobs,Ian Muir, David Adekola,Stafford Browne,Ryan Palmer,Cherif Diallo,Shane McFaul.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I believe Giles Stille was a manager in Norway or somewhere. Remember that beautiful header he scored in a 2-0 win against Southampton, evening game at the Goldstone. Can anyone recall who scored the other goal?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I believe Giles Stille was a manager in Norway or somewhere. Remember that beautiful header he scored in a 2-0 win against Southampton, evening game at the Goldstone. Can anyone recall who scored the other goal?

It was a Gary Williams penalty.

For my sins, I've put together a list of Albion results and scorers for 1980/81 at Seagulls TV - 1980/81

Giles Stille coached in Sweden, I think.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Richard Tiltman. I think we all forgot about him on purpose.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Steve Melton. Only cause he scored on my debut for watching the Albion, about 2 minutes in to Golden Goal!

I did love golden goal, much more tense and exciting than extra time. Plus got me home a bit earlier than if it was just normal extra time, what with school the next morning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports