Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former Albion players you don't hear of who may of forgotten

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Brian Wade (4 goals in one game against Newcastle) yet barely played one other game that I can remember for us

Kevin Bremner

Stefan Iovan

oooohhh Gary Chivers

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Peter OSullivan (used to love the way he would beat a defender, then go back to do it again!)

Clarke of Clarke is EVIL fame....

What was that Dutch thug we had? He was a football presenter when I was living in Holland, but cant remember his name at all now...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Didn't we also have someone called Bagayoko or something not long ago

Oh and Nathan Elder, will never forget his last minute goal at Oldham I think it was, for some reason Hartlepool comes to mind but I'm sure it was the game Hammond got sent off in!

Saw him play just the other week. He's playing for Ebbsfleet.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That Scottish bloke, Thomson... first name escapes me but was a midfielder signed by McGhee possibly.... was pretty whack for us then went back to Scotland was good again?

Steve Thomson
Now playing for Nicky Forster at Dover ..... I saw him (and Jamie Smith) play for Dover in pre-season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Robert codner!

Now a football agent, and a couple of years back he was representing the lad of a mate of mine. Got chatting to him in a London pub, and he's a really nice fella.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
John Piercy - I loved him for some reason!

I did as well, i thought he was quite a classy player at the time.

Think he scored a screamer against Wycombe at home, Gary Hart also spanking one in from distance after the ball had got caught up in the withdean mud.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Matt Wicks.... seem to remember rumours of someone (Wolves?) offering £500k for him (which would have been massive for us at the time), but that never happened and he seemed to disappear soon after....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here