Votes: 48 33.3%
  • 1 Moises 2 Ale Mac 3 Biss

Votes: 78 54.2%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I expect due to recency bias that the poll result will be Moises, Mac, Biss.

However the right answer is Moises, Biss, Mac in my view.

Bissouma was incredible for us and had more of an influence on our team than Mac ever did.
Possibly true. The big thing for me is that Biss and Mac both took a couple of seasons to show how good they were. Caicedo walked into the club and was world class from week one.

I only hope Chelsea find a way to make him look ordinary.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Possibly true. The big thing for me is that Biss and Mac both took a couple of seasons to show how good they were. Caicedo walked into the club and was world class from week one.

Yes Moises should be top of every ones list that’s not even up for debate. He is a generational talent. But we always seemed to do ok when Mac didn’t play, however whenever Biss was missing from games we tended to struggle. He was our best player for ages and considered by some as best ever player at the time!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes Moises should be top of every ones list that’s not even up for debate. He is a generational talent. But we always seemed to do ok when Mac didn’t play, however whenever Biss was missing from games we tended to struggle. He was our best player for ages and considered by some as best ever player at the time!
I think comparison between Biss and Mac is actually quite difficult, hence the poll. Mac was merely "very good" until last season. Then suddenly jumped a level. He could also shoot from distance and take penalties. Bissouma though was a class defensive midfielder who as you rightly say, held a more.limited side together and arguably kept us up.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Mac in for pens each and every time, but the Biss did some audacious skill-manoevres that i have not seen from the toes of any other lunging tough guy. Also, he remains the best footballer in the world for chest control and redirection. His chest has never been tackled.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
apart from Mac Allister being the better all round game then Caicedo. :) its very much up for debate, had one yesturday, conclusion was they aren't directly comparible and we're damn lucky to have seen them both. missing Caicedo is much about tactics and team having to respond to him not being there, bit of caution and covering needed.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Mac over rated since the WC
Caceido not the same player at international level. Jury out and Albion fans went easy on him when he made mistakes he won’t have that luxury now.
Biss is a genuinely good player at what he does.

Billy G is better than all of the above his vision and passing range is incredible trouble with Chelsea is they always want the new shiny toy when the one they had was better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People forgetting how good Biss was for me. Mac is a neat and tidy player but nothing like the enforcer the other 2 are.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Bissouma was incredible for us and had more of an influence on our team than Mac ever did.
Not so sure it's quite so clear cut. Moises is definitely number one, but not so sure about ranking the other two. I suspect you're right but, even if you are, the difference between Mac and Biss is shorter than that between Moises and Biss.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gone, gone, gone

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So, one gets sent off, and another was utter shithouse and gave away a pen.

I'm almost wishing Bissouma had scored an own goal, to complete the set

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This. I think people have short memories re: Bissouma. There was a time he was putting in 8-9/10 performances every week for us, absolutely running games. I loved Mac Allister, but I don't think he really RAN games in the same way Yves could at his best.

Saw a glimmer of it for Spurs this weekend just gone, was nice to see his confidence returning.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Caicedo was signed in the January 2021 transfer window. He spent 6 months in/around the u21s and then went on loan to the Belgian Super League. The last game he appeared in - Beerschot lost 7-0. And then Potter had him on the bench/matchday squad for a few months. He finally made his Albion debut in April 2022 v Arsenal . So he was world class from week 65. ha ha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here