Forgetting Railcards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
I was issued with a £27 fine in Peterborough on Saturday because I had forgotten my railcard. Does anyone know if it's worth appealing or is it hopeless?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Appeal but don't hold you breath as it is your responsibility however they may be kind.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I was issued with a £27 fine in Peterborough on Saturday because I had forgotten my railcard. Does anyone know if it's worth appealing or is it hopeless?

Was on watchdog last week, some bloke forgot his 16-25 railcard and was told he could pay the £130 for a valid ticket (single!!) or he could appeal to the rail company. He appealed, and was issued with another £130 fine on the return journey (total fine inc charges was over £290), in the end he got it all back.
Something along those lines anyway, definately worth appealing.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I did the same thing en rounte to Odahm away a few years ago. (I am famed for this amongst my friends on here):blush:. Anyway, I got fined over £100 and I didnt appeal, because I thought it was pointless. Im suprised they didnt offer me the cance to upgrade it to a full price adult one. I wouldnt have minded paying the difference!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

Tim..it's simple. Do a 'Walker'. Don't pay it, go to court, get a £400 fine.. then say minutes later " I mugged them off"

:thumbsup: :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are you a regular at this, or is this a first offence? If you have previous then you may find it difficult to convince them to let you off, if it's the first time, then it has to be worth an appeal.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
They specifically say both the ticket and the railcard must be present during the travel for the fare to be valid, so I wouldn't hold your breath, but if people have been able to appeal successfully before then it can't help to try.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports