Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget Player Ratings - The Managers rating was ZERO

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Oscar is going to rotate the squad when he can. Obviously, yesterday it did not work. The key here is whether he carries on doing it and it carries on not working. It was clearly a bad day at the office yesterday and he hasn't had one of those for a while, so let's see how he and the players respond.

Cannot comment on Bruno other than has played in midfield before in Spain, so it is not like he is not used to it.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I simply don't know how to respond.

I guess the sky is bright pink with yellow spots in your part of the world.......

Don't get me wrong; the team was all over the place. But everytime I saw Kaz and Buckley on the ball, it was out on the wings.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
What I don't get is people that weren't there and listened to the radio can comment on here. He's obviously got more of a clue of what was happening over there than we do. As for oscar hopefully he has learnt from his mistakes but also, do not panic. KING ULLOA IS BACK :rave::rave:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Don't get me wrong; the team was all over the place. But everytime I saw Kaz and Buckley on the ball, it was out on the wings.

Agreed, they tried to mix it up to change things by coming more infield from time to time, but they were played as wingers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yet if we won he'd have been hailed as a tactical genius. I love the guy, he's the best manager we've ever had. If he sticks around it's autos for us next year.

The 'best manager we've ever had????', are you for real?, he hasn't been with us for five minutes yet, so how can you say that?. I wonder if you will be saying that come the end of the season when we are anchored in mid-table?. I'm wondering if it might end up being more a case of whether we stick with him, than whether he sticks with us. Lets have this conversation again next May and review the situation then.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If I heard correctly he said that Kazenga had a painful knee and they had to manage him carefully. Can't see Oscar did much wrong yesterday. Players failed to perform, we lost. We all move on. It's a blip, not a crisis :)

Kaz has had knee problems ever since he first joined us. He has rarely had sustained runs in the team, in large part because of it. Yet still people continue to moan at the manager when he doesn't play ignoring there's an injury reason behind it. The last few season's it has been Gus's fault. Now the same thing is happening under Oscar, perhaps some of those constantly moaning about him not starting every game might start to realise it isn't the manager not knowing what he is doing, but it's KLL not being fit enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree. Completely. He picked a poor team, but that's how he'll learn what works and what doesn't work. I'm certainly not going to write him off for one bad selection, this season is about Oscar Garcia learning the learn, learning what works and what doesn't and then next season we'll be much stronger for it. Yesterday was a terrible team selection and the timing of the substitutes was arguably rubbish.

But he was in charge for the good run as well as the one bad performance yesterday.

I thought the first half against Bolton last week was fairly poor. My immediate neighbours and myself were chatting because we were fed up with watching the team huff & puff, albeit that we were stil watching. Apart from LuaLua hitting the bar, nothing else happened. The second half was better especially when we got a slice of luck with the own goal, which then fired up the team to get two more. We still only had 2 shots on target throughout the whole game
It wasn't exactly a plan B when the substitutions were made 20 minutes after the third goal. Maybe it was the half time talk? Well, that didn't work yesterday.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
One defeat in 7 games and panic sets in, Every Brighton manager before Oscar has had a bad day at the office and every manager after him will as well. That's football.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Kaz has had knee problems ever since he first joined us. He has rarely had sustained runs in the team, in large part because of it. Yet still people continue to moan at the manager when he doesn't play ignoring there's an injury reason behind it. The last few season's it has been Gus's fault. Now the same thing is happening under Oscar, perhaps some of those constantly moaning about him not starting every game might start to realise it isn't the manager not knowing what he is doing, but it's KLL not being fit enough.

Absolutely. They might as well complain about his not picking CMS and Orlandi.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely right, one defeat!

Zero shots on target, and although we won against Bolton, we only had two shots on target. Hopefully this will improve when our injured players & Ulloa are back.
I don't see any panic, just concerns.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

That's far too sensible. Clearly no managers know what they are doing. I bet there is a massive debate going on about the decisions made by David Moyes and Manuel Pellegrini too!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oscar has picked the starting 11 from the players who he sees in training every day , what the opposition is expected to do after careful analysis etc etc. The game plan didn't work on this occasion , shit happens and we have to put it behind us. Football coaches and the support team are not infallible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here