Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
Panic on the streets of London
Panic on the streets of Birmingham
I wonder to myself
Could life ever be sane again ?
The Leeds side-streets that you slip down
I wonder to myself

(Opening lines of 'Panic' by the Smiths 1986)

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
For those who want more sonngs about Dundee look no further

Songs and Ballads of Dundee

This is a classic collection of over seventy folk songs and ballads, accompanied by extensive notes and carefully chosen pictures, that illustrate key periods in the history of Dundee. Throughout the songs there unfolds the story of the men of the sea, the great clipper fleets and the men of the whaling ships, the rise and fall of the jute mills and the women who supplied their workforce, the mass unemployment of the '30s and the slum clearance of the '60s and '70s. This is also the story of the great characters of Dundee, from Bonnie Dundee himself through McGonagall to the elusive Piper O' Dundee, with, of course, the full rich tapestry of worthies and rogues who people the pages of history of any great city. The result is a marvellous and unique picture of the vibrant life and times of one of Scotland's most colourful and distinctive communities. Full of humour and life, these songs and anecdotes and stories that accompany them convey, as no dry narrative history can, the energy and character of the people and place that is Dundee.

http://www.footstompin.com/books/obj26854/obj25166

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Stinky Kat said:
For those who want more sonngs about Dundee look no further

Songs and Ballads of Dundee

This is a classic collection of over seventy folk songs and ballads, accompanied by extensive notes and carefully chosen pictures, that illustrate key periods in the history of Dundee. Throughout the songs there unfolds the story of the men of the sea, the great clipper fleets and the men of the whaling ships, the rise and fall of the jute mills and the women who supplied their workforce, the mass unemployment of the '30s and the slum clearance of the '60s and '70s. This is also the story of the great characters of Dundee, from Bonnie Dundee himself through McGonagall to the elusive Piper O' Dundee, with, of course, the full rich tapestry of worthies and rogues who people the pages of history of any great city. The result is a marvellous and unique picture of the vibrant life and times of one of Scotland's most colourful and distinctive communities. Full of humour and life, these songs and anecdotes and stories that accompany them convey, as no dry narrative history can, the energy and character of the people and place that is Dundee.

http://www.footstompin.com/books/obj26854/obj25166

Thank you for that.

I am pressuming that these songs and the like are best listened to with either Buckfast, Tennants, Irn Bru or something deep fried?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Uncle Buck said:
Thank you for that.

I am pressuming that these songs and the like are best listened to with either Buckfast, Tennants, Irn Bru or something deep fried?

Quiet right, I believe the locals recommend a large Vodka & Irn Bru and sausage piece

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Good effort Armchair but tenuous to say the least.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Armchair Loyalist said:
Panic on the streets of London
Panic on the streets of Birmingham
I wonder to myself
Could life ever be sane again ?
The Leeds side-streets that you slip down
I wonder to myself

(Opening lines of 'Panic' by the Smiths 1986)

And what a f***ing great song

Long live The Smiths

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Buck said:
Still found it surreal the Dundee Utd fans going to the Cup Final in Arab head gear and orange boiler suits.

TWATS of the very highest order, maybe they should remember to go to their home games, still the prospect of 10,000 Aberdeen on the first day of the season at their place might be rather unsettling.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Ah lovely lovely Smiths.

They really haven't been equalled and there is simply NOTHING around today that sounds anything like them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here