Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

forestierri was the best player on the pitch.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Class player.

No way was that a red. Yellow is completely correct.

He hasn't slid to make the TACKLE as such. He has slid to make a block of PIG's kick.

Unfortunately the momentum of the slide made it look a bit out of control and I think, in the end, it was his arm and trailing leg that actually took PIG down.

Massive overreaction from people to call a charge down a red :lolol:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Took out big toms standing leg late, there was no way he was going to get the ball. If it had been the keeper on the striker it would have been a red so why not the other way round?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Took out big toms standing leg late, there was no way he was going to get the ball. If it had been the keeper on the striker it would have been a red so why not the other way round?

Because it was a circumstantial foul. By that I mean you can't say "what if that had been the keeper on the striker" or "what if that had been in the middle of the pitch".

It was not an attempt at a tackle. It was a sliding block to charge down the keeper. He was unfortunate to catch Tomas and, for that, he deserved a yellow.

Think of it in the context of the penalty palace game away at the weekend. The defender did a HUGE slide and he thought Gnabry was about to cross it. Gnabry, in fact, faked the cross and cut back to his left. However the momentum of the slide meant the Palace player COMPLETELY wiped out Gnabry. In theory the tackle was late, fast, hard and took out his standing leg. Is that also a red? No, because it was a foul in the circumstance of an attempted block.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes but we have one or two of those ourselves, Lopez, Barnes etc... It's a sad state of affairs but every team has them.

The guy was an absolute touch of class last night.

I am not sure that you can have a touch of class if you need to cheat. And yes I know every team has them and it is very sad.

And judging from his hand gestures that the ball was at least a shoulder width over the line (when we all now it wasn't), I suspect he may be challenged in the trouser part department as well. :smile:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Because it was a circumstantial foul. By that I mean you can't say "what if that had been the keeper on the striker" or "what if that had been in the middle of the pitch".

It was not an attempt at a tackle. It was a sliding block to charge down the keeper. He was unfortunate to catch Tomas and, for that, he deserved a yellow.

Think of it in the context of the penalty palace game away at the weekend. The defender did a HUGE slide and he thought Gnabry was about to cross it. Gnabry, in fact, faked the cross and cut back to his left. However the momentum of the slide meant the Palace player COMPLETELY wiped out Gnabry. In theory the tackle was late, fast, hard and took out his standing leg. Is that also a red? No, because it was a foul in the circumstance of an attempted block.

Disagree, forestieri was never going to get there in time, he made no attempt to get the ball and took the keeper out. Late, dangerous and out of control is a red IMO. He was lucky to not get a second yellow for encroaching and also for a blatent dive. Technically their best player but also their best cheat.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Thought Forestieri and McGugan were a cut above anyone else in the Watford team. Rest looked decidedly average. Just leads me to believe there is a lot of hype about some of the so-called favourites in the championship this season.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Thought Forestieri and McGugan were a cut above anyone else in the Watford team. Rest looked decidedly average. Just leads me to believe there is a lot of hype about some of the so-called favourites in the championship this season.

nailon the head,both class acts,and mcgugan was on a free,

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thought he was excellent and it was definitely only a yellow

but

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Nice to see that he'd warmed up at half time and felt sufficiently warm enough to remove the long sleeved vest and gloves .... in an attempt not to get yourself instantly noticed in the event of another incident .....???

Last edited:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
People saying that he should of been sent off as it was reckless, but reckless challenges are yellow cards.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
He should have been sent off for dangerous play. The referee ducked it, as he had already done on at least two occasions. Thank goodness he was equally useless all night- otherwise he might have seen the ball cross the line! This particular referee has been around for many years without making the Premier League- last night showed why.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've not seen one interview, neutral or biased match report, or piece of tv analysis (including Brighton fan Adam Virgo) that thought it might be a red.

Only nsc :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here