Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest v Fulham

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Felix Maggot is like the old dinosaur in the film Night at the Museum. Dumb Dumb want Gum Gum...."

Pure gold quote :lolol:

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
while NSC has quite a bit of doom and gloom due to recent poor results just remember... thank feck we arent fulham... excluding the huge parachute payments

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Nice hat trick for Assombalonga gives me a load of points in my fantasy team.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Having seen the goals on Sky, I'd say that Forest benefited from a couple of home decisions by the referee. The penalty looked especially dodgy. Dan Burn's tackle seemed to take the ball cleanly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Assombalonga!! Another gem from the Posh production line. Incredible.

Posh paid £1.5 million for him, so not quite the undiscovered bargain in the sense that some of their other strikers have been. But I know where you're coming from....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having seen the goals on Sky, I'd say that Forest benefited from a couple of home decisions by the referee. The penalty looked especially dodgy. Dan Burn's tackle seemed to take the ball cleanly.

They're going great guns currently. I will be very interested to see what happens when they lose a couple, as they inevitably will do at some stage. Pearce is riding the crest of a wave at the moment, and they're all jumping on, due to his status as a Forest legend. They started last season pretty sharply under Billy Davies too, I think, but could never arrest the slump when it came later. I wonder how Pearce will deal with a defeat or two.

Perhaps Assombalonga is the main difference: they really struggled for goals last season (hilariously, given their policy of signing every available striker in the Football League).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Posh paid £1.5 million for him, so not quite the undiscovered bargain in the sense that some of their other strikers have been. But I know where you're coming from....

Yes...there seems to be this idea that Posh have a conveyor belt of talent coming through. They scour the lower leagues for potential and then move them on for a profit. I assume that Mr Fry plays a big part in the spotting of these strikers ( as a former one himself )

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think Derby and Watford will have a big say in it as well.

I'll be amazed if Derby don't go up this year. They were quality in all four of our games with them last year and were unlucky to get beaten by Scrotum Face and his Mercenary Gang.

They managed to keep hold of, I think, all of their top performers from last season as well.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'll be amazed if Derby don't go up this year. They were quality in all four of our games with them last year and were unlucky to get beaten by Scrotum Face and his Mercenary Gang.

They managed to keep hold of, I think, all of their top performers from last season as well.

I'm expecting Derby to fill one of the top two places.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yes...there seems to be this idea that Posh have a conveyor belt of talent coming through. They scour the lower leagues for potential and then move them on for a profit. I assume that Mr Fry plays a big part in the spotting of these strikers ( as a former one himself )

Not sure that anyone thinks it's a 'conveyor belt' of Posh cooked up talent, but their scouting must be the envy of many because while everyone else is hoovering up average shite for millions of pounds, they identify relatively cheap talent with great potential.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Once you add in the reportedly MASSIVE sell-on that Watford were due, Posh effectively paid a LOT more than £1.5m for him. In total I'm sure Watford recieved more in total from the two moves than Peterborough did.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I expect Fulham to finish above us. Once they click either with or without a new manager I think they'll fly up the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here