Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest v Albion moved to Monday 11th April - live on Sky

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Answer is to lean on the train companies to include match reschedulement in their insurance policy. I have written to Virgin (with whom I purchased the ticket) suggesting this.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll be honest and admit that I didn't check to see if County were at home as just assumed they wouldn't be if Forest were!!!

Same here, I was amazed to see that they were. I just happened to glance at every division to see what other close games there were to Nottingham (answer: none, apart from Derby).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Again, I'm largely on the side of the fans here and, as you know, if circumstances were different I'd have the same train ticket as you.

However there are still London - Nottingham first class returns available for Saturday 9th April for £41, with standard class at £33.

I do stick by my point: we might not like this particular 'game' but we do know that TV fixtures will be announced and there is a risk if we make commitments that can't be changed ahead of that happening. Particularly when we're doing as well as we are, and seem to be slightly under-represented on TV this season relative to our promotion-challenging peers.

There may well be cheaper tickets available, I'm not disputing that. I booked the ticket in question as we wanted a particular train. Our decision, I'm aware.

That doesn't preclude me from being bloody pissed off about it. Besides...it's not just the train ticket, is it? Nottingham is always a popular away day. We've had some cracking days out there in recent years, from Notts County in 2011 as League One champions, to the Ulloa last minute goal game in 2013. People enjoy doing the trip. Now the vast majority of those who might have been there have been ruled out because it's on a poxy Monday night. It is- in my opinion- complete shit, and our club (and most others) just suck it up regardless of what impact it has on their supporters (and potentially, taking that to one potential conclusion, their team).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Answer is to lean on the train companies to include match reschedulement in their insurance policy. I have written to Virgin (with whom I purchased the ticket) suggesting this.
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] said that The Trainline do include it for an extra £1.50. I don't know if tickets via that website are more expensive in the first place. I go by coaxh to away games.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just make sure if you do take the banner option that you hold them up all if a sudden when there's a corner or something. Those leeds fans who had their (font size 8) banners up from 30 minutes before the game were never going to get shown :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Trip cancelled. Not arranged though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There may well be cheaper tickets available, I'm not disputing that. I booked the ticket in question as we wanted a particular train. Our decision, I'm aware.

That doesn't preclude me from being bloody pissed off about it. Besides...it's not just the train ticket, is it? Nottingham is always a popular away day. We've had some cracking days out there in recent years, from Notts County in 2011 as League One champions, to the Ulloa last minute goal game in 2013. People enjoy doing the trip. Now the vast majority of those who might have been there have been ruled out because it's on a poxy Monday night. It is- in my opinion- complete shit, and our club (and most others) just suck it up regardless of what impact it has on their supporters (and potentially, taking that to one potential conclusion, their team).

I'm completely with you on this last point. Nottingham is a good trip on a Saturday but a Monday night? It's just turning out of loyalty. Not the same experience at all. As a result we will have less fans there and that actually is a disadvantage to the team.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That's why I said before Christmas. During the Champions League group stage, Sky have Monday matches which, for obvious reasons, can't feature ang team involved in European football. At this stage of the season, they're more focussed on the title race and able to schedule accordingly as there are fewer Champions League games involving English clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here