Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest Stewards yesterday

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We stood in the back row without any intervention , the back half of the stand were doing exactly the same and most of us were not in the right seats :lol:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Someone said yesterday that a well known Albion fan with a certain haircut got kicked out yesterday - was this true ???

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Seriously? Why don't you think about what you type before you do? Apart from the blindingly obvious that you are at a football stadium in the English Championship which has been all seater for many years, there are clear terms and conditions at every ground in the country, requiring you to sit down (not requesting), and requiring clubs to enforce these rules.

"persistent standing in seated areas is a breach of ground regulations which are required under the Safety Certificate that allows the club to operate"

"ground regulations are displayed at every turnstile And ticket holders have made an undertaking to observe this and all other ground regulations when purchasing their tickets"
Alright mate, well explain to me why Palace/Pompey/Millwall etc were all allowed to stand at the Amex for the whole game? Or the majority of us were allowed to stand at Leicester/Brum/etc? Or why most of the left side were allowed to stand yesterday but a hell of a lot of the right side weren't? Or why the row behind us was largely left alone standing but we were made to sit down?

How can the universal rules you pointed out not be universally applied to one stand at one ground?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't need to explain anything, I already explained everything that is relevant. I just don't see how the actions of people doing what they are required to do could have so ruined your day yesterday, it didn't ruin mine. Who cares if they didn't tell someone else to sit down. They told you to, so just do it, wait till they go away and stand back up again, thats what we did, no problems.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I got quite annoyed with it yesterday, in the first half particularly, but I had taken a fair bit of cider pre-match.

I was probably on the verge of being asked to leave myself, they particularly didn't take kindly to me videoing them 'at work'. Their main tactic seemed to be for the head steward chap (bald, next to no teeth) to approach someone and bring 2 heavies with him, quite clearly for intimidatory purposes. To be fair to this chap though, particularly in the cold light of the following day, he was doing what he had to do. I highlighted the disparity with the Forest fans upstairs several times and he did explain that the area above was not under his control, but I did hear him radio up to request some action up there a few times.

I thought the Albion support was pretty poor vocally yesterday for the numbers there and for such a big game. I even took to trying to get singing going myself which, with a voice as bad as mine, is not something I particularly enjoy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Was there any particular reason why he got ejected bearing in mind we were all standing in the same area at the back in front of the stadium monitoring box ?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Some right 'do you know the t&c's of your ticket' types on here. Go do one you squares, the op has a valid point. If the Atmos at the Amex was down to some of you, then we'd have a withdean type atmos. Sitting ruins the atmos and noise levels, that's just the way it is. It could be forest stewards are told to subdue the away support?

Sep 1, 2010
[MENTION=19308]Shooting Star[/MENTION] I noticed that after half time they suddenly seemed to be very noticeable and were becoming a bit over the top. Seemed to be no problems in the 1st half

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I got quite annoyed with it yesterday, in the first half particularly, but I had taken a fair bit of cider pre-match.

I was probably on the verge of being asked to leave myself, they particularly didn't take kindly to me videoing them 'at work'. Their main tactic seemed to be for the head steward chap (bald, next to no teeth) to approach someone and bring 2 heavies with him, quite clearly for intimidatory purposes. To be fair to this chap though, particularly in the cold light of the following day, he was doing what he had to do. I highlighted the disparity with the Forest fans upstairs several times and he did explain that the area above was not under his control, but I did hear him radio up to request some action up there a few times.

I thought the Albion support was pretty poor vocally yesterday for the numbers there and for such a big game. I even took to trying to get singing going myself which, with a voice as bad as mine, is not something I particularly enjoy.

I agree that we didn't sing enough, but from where I was when we sang we were bloody deafening.

Some right 'do you know the t&c's of your ticket' types on here. Go do one you squares, the op has a valid point. If the Atmos at the Amex was down to some of you, then we'd have a withdean type atmos. Sitting ruins the atmos and noise levels, that's just the way it is. It could be forest stewards are told to subdue the away support?

You must be saying that it's not possible to create any atmophere without standing. Body position means everything to the ability to clap, wave, sing, and shout.
I wonder if there's some psychological reason behind this? Why can't people do the same upper-body movements and sounds while seated? Is it something to do with the fetal position the body is making, in a seat? It's a curious one, that's for sure!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Lets transfer those Forest stewards here, they are doing the job they are employed for,apart from the safety aspect other supporters expect to see the game not the back of someones head,one warning then they should be ejected and their season ticket cancelled,there are many who are on the waiting list to take their places.
What is it that there are some who buy tickets for a ALL SEATING STADIUM but then stand to spoil the game for others,do they do the same when they attend the cinema/Theatre??????????????

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Lets transfer those Forest stewards here, they are doing the job they are employed for,apart from the safety aspect other supporters expect to see the game not the back of someones head,one warning then they should be ejected and their season ticket cancelled,there are many who are on the waiting list to take their places.
What is it that there are some who buy tickets for a ALL SEATING STADIUM but then stand to spoil the game for others,do they do the same when they attend the cinema/Theatre??????????????

What a load of rubbish.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I agree that we didn't sing enough, but from where I was when we sang we were bloody deafening.
Could hear Ole,Ole Ole,We are Brighton,and We're the Left Side,quite nicely in the Upper Trent.Must have been the Right Side that were quiet!

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
ive just got back as stayed overnight in nottingham so couldnt post til now.can i put another angle on this.i was sat next to quite a fat bloke.now im not small.6ft 15 stone but not fat.now at half time we sat down and this guys legs were so wide i was virtually being pushed onto the bloke opposites lap.i actually felt really unomftable as how the hell can you tell someone there virtually squashing you because of there size?i was bloody relieved to stand up.

What I read from this thread and the responses, is that being allowed to stand for any amount of time in any all seater stadiums (which is a requirement in the Championship isn't it?) is seen as a right, rather than an occasional privilege at the discretion of the club and stewards.

Why is it seen as a complete right to do it, instead of something that's occasionally overlooked or sparingly controlled?

I'm not putting any personal opinion into this, just saying it's a conundrum, a puzzling difficulty that is going to pervade throughout football supporting everywhere the situation exists.

Many here are defending the Forest stewards' right to demand people be seated, and then requiring the same be asked of the home fans. At Withdean it was the same going both ways, home fans demanded to see the away fans be asked, and away fans demanded the home ones be seated!

The ONLY way I can imagine this issue getting sorted out, is for there to be large areas of standing-only designated in football grounds in the top divisions as well as the lower ones. I don't think such an allowance or designation does exist, so how can any clubs solve it??

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I liked your little hug with the steward...:lolol:

I was at the back of the stand and because everyone in that section stood up and were not asked to sit down I stood for the whole game. If people infront had sat down then so would I - it doesn't bother me I go to watch the match and can get behind the lads sitting or standing.

It always amuses me to see how irate people get at being told to sit down. One guy near the front was going mad at the stewards, he travelled all the way to Nottingham and missed most of the first half arguing with stewards and trying to get them to make the Forest fans in the stand to the right sit down :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here