Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest sack Freedman

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm beginning to think that there must be 'something of the night' about Nigel Pearson, did an amazing job in getting Leicester into the Premier League, only to get the sack not too long afterwards.

Frankly I'm amazed, that with the managerial merry-go-round that we are all now on, no one else has taken a punt on him long ago.

He was a bit of a twunt in his last knockings at Leicester as I recall.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was a bit of a twunt in his last knockings at Leicester as I recall.
And you can be 100% certain that if twunt is what the public are aware of, the real truth is considerably worse.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
THE most overdue sacking in the history of Association Football in England and Wales since Ochtermochty AFC first ran a pigs bladder 23 miles and slotted it betwen the sticks of the Jottleborough 24 miles away to make the score 2 flagons of mead to 0 in AD 980.
Why the hell Forest ever employed him after his underwhelming tenure at Bolton makes the mind boggle, it really does.

Why so catty about "Dishy Douglas" ???

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm beginning to think that there must be 'something of the night' about Nigel Pearson, did an amazing job in getting Leicester into the Premier League, only to get the sack not too long afterwards.

Frankly I'm amazed, that with the managerial merry-go-round that we are all now on, no one else has taken a punt on him long ago.

I thought he left Leicester because he fell out with the Thai owners who had sacked his son from the club shortly before, due to a controversial video whilst on tour in Thailand

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazing fall from grace for Freedman, set Palace up on their promotion season and its all gone bad since.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They're actually not happy about this on the Forest forums, chairman getting a lot of stick. They think Freedman's hands were tied due to the transfer embargo, selling of Antonio etc, and also that it's madness to sack him at this stage of the season as they are not going up or down. They also seem to think his temporary replacement Paul Williams is totally inept.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought he left Leicester because he fell out with the Thai owners who had sacked his son from the club shortly before, due to a controversial video whilst on tour in Thailand

I think the primary reason Pearson was binned off was because of his rather "abrasive" nature, not really fitting in with the image the Thai owners wanted to promote for their club. Pearson had a number of run-ins that season (the strange incident when he grabbed that Palace player round the throat, telling some Leicester fans to "f*ck off and die", that curious rant at the journo when he called him an ostrich...). Results-wise he did brilliantly in turning them round from being relegation dead-certs at Christmas to being comfortably safe with room to spare by the end. But he's a strange bloke.

That said, I'm also surprised he hasn't found himself another job yet. maybe he's just enjoying having a break from it all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Results-wise he did brilliantly in turning them round from being relegation dead-certs at Christmas to being comfortably safe with room to spare by the end.

... or the alternative view. He took a team that should have been near the top of the league and nearly got them relegated.

I suspect the truth is somewhere in between the two extremes.

Going back to DF, I'm not sure why so many people think he's a crap manager. That Forest team is operating under a transfer embargo (for reasons that are nothing to do with him). He had to sell a lot of his best players and replace them with inferior ones (unless people are now claiming that COG is a star Championship striker). Despite this, the team is comfortably mid-table and has never been in any danger of going down.

I certainly don't think Freedman is some genius manager but I'm not sure what he's done wrong - would another manager really do that much better there with the players they have?

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
... or the alternative view. He took a team that should have been near the top of the league and nearly got them relegated.

I suspect the truth is somewhere in between the two extremes.

Going back to DF, I'm not sure why so many people think he's a crap manager. That Forest team is operating under a transfer embargo (for reasons that are nothing to do with him). He had to sell a lot of his best players and replace them with inferior ones (unless people are now claiming that COG is a star Championship striker). Despite this, the team is comfortably mid-table and has never been in any danger of going down.

I certainly don't think Freedman is some genius manager but I'm not sure what he's done wrong - would another manager really do that much better there with the players they have?

Agreed....He did a good job at Bolton trying to repair the damage that the imbecile Coyle had done. We were in a bad league position when he was sacked but i had every confidence in him to turn it around as he had done in previous seasons. (TBF this is a minority opinion here & a lot turned against him)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here