Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Green (a)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hoping we can beat the away audience of sixty one who went to Walsall. Should comfortably beat that given how grim Walsall is and this will be a new ground for the Albion faithful.

Well two games in 24 hours may prove to be too much for some, plus Walsall is probably an easier ground to get to, by road or rail anyway.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
2 games in 2 days no doubt some will be rotated as they must be tired from last night's exertions, still I suppose when you are a top team we have to deal with these fixture pile ups.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Living in Cheltenham and looking at current weather if they do open the normal away end I might have to bail and head for the covered ends anyway :nono:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
2 games in 2 days no doubt some will be rotated as they must be tired from last night's exertions, still I suppose when you are a top team we have to deal with these fixture pile ups.

Two games in two days could prove too much for some fans too, maybe some rotation in order there as well. :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I always thought FGR was a London club, and Forest Green was a place in London*.

Turns out I'm wrong... :dunce:

There's a Forest Green in Surrey, not far from Guildford.

I must get to FGR one day, a place where veggies are catered for is right up my street. I have memories of grounds where the only veggie option is a cheese burger, without the burger. And that's if you're lucky.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Many local businesses and supporters where treated very badly when he started to takeover and mostly ridden roughshot over. No interaction or discussion with supporter base about whether they actually wanted to be a "green" club with no beer or pies.
He is a publicity whore and most of it is bullshit, just a marketing ploy.

I’ve met him twice, once at the New Lawn. He’s a really nice bloke and is taking the club in the right direction especially from an environmental point of view. As for the “no beer and pies”, that’s nonsense. They have both but they’re vegan. If the the “V word” scares you, that’s on you :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’ve met him twice, once at the New Lawn. He’s a really nice bloke and is taking the club in the right direction especially from an environmental point of view. As for the “no beer and pies”, that’s nonsense. They have both but they’re vegan. If the the “V word” scares you, that’s on you :shrug:

I like he's ethos, a true green entrepreneur and is keen to push the envelope with new green technologies.

I notice recently he is trying to win hearts and minds in the Daily Express of all places.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I like he's ethos, a true green entrepreneur and is keen to push the envelope with new green technologies.

I notice recently he is trying to win hearts and minds in the Daily Express of all places.

His book is well worth a read. He’s lived a very interesting life.

I must admit, when I first saw that I did raise an eyebrow but I suppose there’s no point preaching to the converted. If doing stuff with the Express gets the message out there to a different audience, then I’m all for it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Called off - waterlogged pitch

So was I - absolutely pishing down! 50 mph speed limit on the M5 because of the surface water - and more than happy to stay within it. Difficult to believe that these days even the U21s require two huge 6-wheel coaches!
Pasty was nice.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
No problem with Vegan or veggies.
The club bar which was also the only pub on the hill was closed for some time without a thought or consultation as he “saved” the club.
I cannot be bothered to relay all of the stories but he’s obviously sold it to you.

Don’t get me started on the Electricity grants as you cannot supply electricity on that scale with one windmill.

No axe to grind but locally he is marmite.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
As a somewhat random aside, I remember going to watch FGR when our Big Bob Sanchez make his debut when he was out on loan. If memory serves correctly, the weather was awful then too and the game was called off at half-time.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Boooo. Had a work meeting at Swindon so headed off for the 45 min journey only to arrive……went back to London and it was heavy heavy rainfall the whole way. A few moments on the say, and saw a guy in front of me lose it and hit the central barrier on the m40

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As a somewhat random aside, I remember going to watch FGR when our Big Bob Sanchez make his debut when he was out on loan. If memory serves correctly, the weather was awful then too and the game was called off at half-time.

That would have been against Mansfield Town on December 15 2018 then (although it wasn't his debut, in fact quite the opposite, it was his final appearance for them - he wasn't involved in their next four league matches and was recalled on January 4 2019).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Got to the ground to be told it was off, second time it’s happened to me the last time was at Bristol Rovers…..must be something to do with Gloucestershire!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here