Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest game to be shown at The Amex?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
TBH the beam back for the palace game was as crap as the result...palace supporting commentators and a pretty small screen unless you were one of the few who were near the front...so after that experience i wouldn't go to another one unless it was organised differently

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Beambacks sitting in actual Amex seats would be a result. Sitting in one of the bars is much less appealing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah good point.

So would we have to buy the rights to our own game to show at dicks then? That could be pricey if so!

I remember Paul Barber mentioning how expensive it was to beam back the Palace game even after charging fans to watch. The numbers were limited too.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I remember Paul Barber mentioning how expensive it was to beam back the Palace game even after charging fans to watch. The numbers were limited too.

Ah thanks for that. Didn't think it would be too expensive. I would rather watch with a few hundred fellow Albion supporters than half a dozen down the pub.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
There's ZERO chance all 3 play off games will be shown.

Will be the team most likely to get in play offs on sky, and bham last game.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Is an Amex game ever likely to be shown in a forest?

Maybe one Saturday PB could arrange for a big screen to be set up in Friston Forest and people could sit round on picnic tables watching our home fixture live.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Ah thanks for that. Didn't think it would be too expensive. I would rather watch with a few hundred fellow Albion supporters than half a dozen down the pub.

I think it costs more than you would think to do it properly. I believe 2010 said it cost them £6000-£7000 to put it on for the 3-0 loss to you guys in March last year :eek: and that's just the costs for two satellite vans. Can be done cheaper through an internet link but then that can have quality issues.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I think it costs more than you would think to do it properly. I believe 2010 said it cost them £6000-£7000 to put it on for the 3-0 loss to you guys in March last year :eek: and that's just the costs for two satellite vans. Can be done cheaper through an internet link but then that can have quality issues.

That is a tiny amount for a football club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here