Forest Fans' views on Withdean!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Balloons are gay? Hmmmn, what about jelly and ice cream is that gay too? They were for the benefit of the masses of junior footballers that we have accrued to watch the matches. These are the kids to target because of their love of football. They'll be back again and again and hopefully into their adulthood. Great commerical sense!
What a silly comment about the balloons!

I used to play every weekend on a pitch like a cabbage patch, with goose-grass clods lumped around various places, little manhole covers for the sprinkler system (it wasn't an official sports area at all) and the occasional pits between the divots.
We managed it, and the best side won every time.

Bad pitch? Bad excuse.

About the stand though, I'd have to agree. You'd have to pay me to spend a saturday pm standing there - so big ups to the people who travel hundreds of miles to support their team and stand there without a roof.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dougal said:
balloons were good although would of been better if blue and white.

I was wondering why the balloons were not just blue and white the moment I saw them. Odd that.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Gilliver's Travels said:
I think the pitch made it hard for us to play a passing game as the ball bobbled around. At times, I could see what Calderwood is trying to do. I think we were a much classier team than Brighton, and would have easily beaten them on a good pitch. "
This bloke must be living in a fantasy world. Forest were a crude and over-physical team who looked incapable of playing a passing game. They left one of their classier players, Commons, on the subs bench. A better pitch would have suited us more than them. :albion:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
woodster said:
cost of relaying the pitch mid season - approx £100,000 +.

anybody got that?

The same as we were going to spend on a striker but we got one for free.

or 1000 extra supporters at 5 home games.

I thought that Forest game was a stereotype of Calderwood when he was playing, whingeing, niggling, off the ball grabs etc.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
what he says is absolutely true the ground is an utter disgrace, the pitch is ok but the away end is an utter joke and quite mebarrassing really, we all know this as we have been here for 8 years !, the only thing that pisses me off is that he makes out it is our fault and we like it at the Shitedean :angry: , write to Ruth Kelly and tell them :angry:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:yawn: Withdean's so crap :yawn: the pitch stopped them playing their stylish football :yawn: they're just not used to such primitive facilities at their exalted level :yawn: we couldn't see the pitch :yawn: we would have won if it wasn't for the pitch :yawn:

Yes, and if your defensive wall had been a proper wall instead of a scaredy clump of girls who leapt up out of the way of the ball, and if your goalkeeper had learnt to catch instead of diving over the ball, you might have won too :bla:

Yes, Withdean's a hole, tell us something we don't know, you soft Northern girls blouses.

Last edited:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Withdean is a shithole, a joke, a laughing stock, an embarrassment, an outrage and a blight on our club. We know it better than anyone, but if it helps get us results, then it's not all bad! :lol: :clap:

Uncle Spielberg said:
what he says is absolutely true the ground is an utter disgrace, the pitch is ok but the away end is an utter joke and quite mebarrassing really, we all know this as we have been here for 8 years !, the only thing that pisses me off is that he makes out it is our fault and we like it at the Shitedean :angry: , write to Ruth Kelly and tell them :angry:

At last! I've been reading through this thread thinking "We know it's shit! that's why we've been trying for a decade to get a proper stadium!!!!"

How funny that virtually everyone is getting all defensive about Withdean! F*ck that, we need to agree with the Forest fans, and loudly!!!!

Withdean is sh*t! The view for away fans, and home fans, is an absolute disgrace.

We need Falmer, we need it now!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In any case the 86 Rotherham fans sang more loudly than the 894 Forest fans , there " support " was pitiful.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is a woeful view - and at least 15 yards further away than the Family stand at the other end. But beggars can't be choosers.

And as Gully said - we do take the Hammer net down for them ........

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
*sigh*

When will the club make it clear to away fans that we don't like only being able to offer them that view either? It should get 1-2 of them behind the Falmer campaign. A sign. In the away end. That's all it would take.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Man of Harveys said:
*sigh*

When will the club make it clear to away fans that we don't like only being able to offer them that view either? It should get 1-2 of them behind the Falmer campaign. A sign. In the away end. That's all it would take.
Quite a good idea.

"If you do not appreciate being this far from the ground, please sign a postcard on your way out."

or similar...

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yorkie said:
I heard one or two of our fans moaning about the balloons around the Family stand saying it looked gay. If it encourages the kids to go then who cares what other think?
I may well have been one of them........

Yoda

English & European
The pitch has quite a loose (and what looks like partially sandy) soil underneath the turf so any damage caused by a hammer/discus/javelin can be repaired fairly easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports